86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

people in bc canada i have a red light camera question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people in bc canada i have a red light camera question

hey there. I'm a novice driver and I'm on probation for 1 speeding ticket. ok today i was going down the rd the warning light flashes telling you it's going to turn yellow. I'm ready to go thru then the car in front decides to brake hard, then it starts going, i keep on going because i knew that i wont be able to stop. the car in front goes thru when its yellow, when i go through, the light turns red when I'm past the middle of the intersection. you guys think i got a ticket?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
wait and see

we're adopting the same thing here in Fl in the busy citys and intersections...

I'm still affraid to make a right turn on a red light when I see that little blue light up there indicating it'll "get cha" if you run it

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 02-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I doubt it got you. I know most the cameras around here dont have any film in them...

Did you see the flash??
Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM

here in colorado they are taking them out because they cause more accidents than they prevent due to the amount of people that slam on their breaks to prevent the ticket...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
here in colorado they are taking them out because they cause more accidents than they prevent due to the amount of people that slam on their breaks to prevent the ticket...
OR floor it to get through......
Old 02-10-2009, 03:12 PM

i couldnt see the camera because the intersection is like at a corner.i wanted to gun it but the person in front started to drive so slow, after the intersection, the person goes faster about 65. if i get a ticket u think that ill get 3 points.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Usually theres a huge light that is for the flash. When it turns on, even in the day time, you can see it.

But the only thing you can do it wait.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM

it would suck big time if i get another ticket and lose my license for 3 months. im so close to getting my full license, 2 months left.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Living on the edge with one N infraction

Originally Posted by Jay351
I doubt it got you. I know most the cameras around here dont have any film in them...

Did you see the flash??
None of them have film in them. In BC they're all digital!

I think they tell you in drivers classes, if you had time to tap the brakes, or if you had time to accelerate, you had time to stop. I got a ticket while I had my N, but those were the old rules before the two infraction lost licence stuff. You should find out within a month via the mail. Dunno how they'd deal with revoking your licence via mail? hehe Maybe they'll ask you drive on by to drop it off.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What makes you think there was even a camera? Sounds like you were going too fast again, slow down? I don't mean to rip on you as we're all impulsive and stupid at some point or another and I've done worse, but driving isn't a game, especially when you're driving a larger vehicle. You T-bone say a Civic and there's a good chance you'll do a lot of damage to someone. I lost all sensation and coordination on the left half of my body for 2 months when i was 19 due to someone in BC, Canada who was going too fast to stop in time...

Originally Posted by Jay351
I know most the cameras around here dont have any film in them...
I've never met a digital that did.

Last edited by Matt16; 02-10-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM

yeah i was going too fast about 55km/h but i didn't want to lock up my brakes in the rain, my rear abs doesn't work.also if i braked i knew that i would be in the middle of the intersection and that seems worse in my opinion. i actually got a ticket for going 60..... plus people were passing me and i got the ticket. probably saw my N sign. i stopped driving faster after i got that ticket usually cruised at high speeds in my ram. i had a hell of a time trying to stop that dodge, too heavy. lol a yota truck seems pretty light to my standards with weak sheetmetal.

Last edited by gary96360; 02-10-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM

i don't know for sure, but i'm pretty sure i heard quite some time ago that they stopped giving out tickets on those things. i haven't heard of anyone getting a ticket from a red light camera in ages.

i thought i heard something (kind of ridiculous) about it being an 'invasion of privacy' or something like that...pretty stupid if you ask me, but whatever. you usually see the flash, as was posted earlier, even in broad daylight. i've blatantly blown through lights before and not had any problems, but i guess you will have to wait and see.

and they actually do send a letter to revoke your license. not sure what it says or what you're supposed to do, but it happens.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey shouldn't this thread be in the off-topic forum area?

I don't see any Toyota Tech here.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If and when you get a ticket in the mail destroy it immediately. Do not admit you received it or tell anyone you received it. This applies to red light cameras or photo radar, if they bring it back. There is no proof that you ever got a ticket and until you do they cannot give you any punishment. The government will then turn the ticket over to a process server who will try to serve you in person. If they come to your house get someone else to answer the door and say you're not home. Let them know not to tell the server where you work or when you're usually home. If you get any phone messages saying it's from some courier company wanting to deliver something ignore it. Basically you want to make it as hard for the server to deliver the ticket as possible. They only get abour $30 for each serve and if it's too much bother they'll move on.

There's info in this site about photo radar but it applies to red light cameras as well. http://www.sense.bc.ca/

If the server does catch you then you still have the option of fighting it in court. I successfully fought a photo radar ticket years ago by claiming I was avoiding an accident, kind of like self defense. The judge asked the prosecutor if he had any evidence to disprove my claim and of course because no actual person was there, just a dumb camera, he didn't. Case dismissed.

Btw this applies to BC only, I don't know what the laws are in other places.

Last edited by eric-the-red; 02-10-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc
Hey shouldn't this thread be in the off-topic forum area?

I don't see any Toyota Tech here.
He was driving a Toyota at the time, and seeing as it has a 3.slow stopping for a red would use too much time and gas accelerating back to speed.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM

if i get a ticket, eric ill be doing that method until i get my full license then ill pay for it. actually i dont think a 3slow is that slow, i can rip up to 80 from 50 pretty fast. matt dont worry i was merging lol. i think that they usually review the picture and see if they were going into the intersection after a red light.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Na i don't think you got a ticket those cameras alternate intersections in intervals of one week i think(one of my po-po buddies told me)

so ya i did the same thing in the summer and seen the flash never got a ticket yet and i did it in June so i think your safe
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
they shut them down in the interior ... there NO longer used !
Old 02-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by eric-the-red
He was driving a Toyota at the time, and seeing as it has a 3.slow stopping for a red would use too much time and gas accelerating back to speed.
That's your idea of tech lol...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ebow951

I think they tell you in drivers classes, if you had time to tap the brakes, or if you had time to accelerate, you had time to stop.
um they also tell you the point of no return rule it says if you cant stop keep on going, even if the light turns yellow.i know how my brakes work so im not going to risk skidding into the intersection and get t boned. damn wet weather.

What is the law about obscuring my licence plate?

The Motor Vehicle Act Regulations prescribe that number plates shall not be obstructed. Contrary to government statements that it has always been illegal to obstruct your plate (in reference to recent tickets issued to those unknowingly obstructing their plates with bike racks), both the Motor Vehicle Act Regulation3.03 and MVA Section 74 have in fact been changed, as has the intensity of enforcement:

oops my bush bumper hides about the bottom half of the letters on my license plate. i tied the plate with rope to truck.

Last edited by gary96360; 02-10-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: people in bc canada i have a red light camera question