Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Parts in GTA, Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Parts in GTA, Ontario

I've been lurking the forums for the past week or so and have been unable to locate sources for 4Runner parts in the GTA. I'm hoping some of the local Ontarians here on the forum can help...

I'm looking to get my vehicle certified but need some parts to do so. So I'm wondering where I can go for the following:
- used catalytic converter. Seeing as my truck's a '91 and I only have a couple emissions tests left before I no longer need to do them anymore, I don't want to spend top dollar on something I won't be needing very long.
- brake pads, CV boot, wheel studs. Where do you guys typically pick up these types of parts. I prefer new so do you generally go to Crappy Tire or do you use other auto parts stores.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW... not sure which forum is most suitable for this topic so I figure I'll start in the Gen 1 forum.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am just north in Innisfil (Alcona). I got a used converter but I don't know if it is any good. I pased E-test last time it ran, maybe 2 years ago. I have 2 parts trucks, 89 truck and 92 4runner.
The best place to get CV is autopartscanada.com. At your door in a few days and no core charge, about $100. Don't bother with doing boots. Way to much headache and for $50 more you get a whole new shaft.
Wheel studs go to the dealer. Crappy tire will have them but you can get them cheaper at the dealer. Brake pads you can get from the website to.

If you need anything else let me know.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the info Flash. I will look into the sources presented. Hopefully I can get the truck on the road (dirt) soon.

BTW.. its the upper CV boot that needs replacing. Does you recommendation re. replacing the shaft still apply?

Also, how much for the Catalytic?

Last edited by klbeans; 06-25-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by klbeans
Thanks for the info Flash. I will look into the sources presented. Hopefully I can get the truck on the road (dirt) soon.

BTW.. its the upper CV boot that needs replacing. Does you recommendation re. replacing the shaft still apply?

Also, how much for the Catalytic?
Upper cv?? I think you mean the inner. Ya it is not worth the hassle to just change the boots. Boot kits are $25-$40 and more work then just changing the whole shaft. Also after you do the inner then the out will be going in a few months anyway. $30 for the converter.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flash319
Upper cv?? I think you mean the inner. Ya it is not worth the hassle to just change the boots. Boot kits are $25-$40 and more work then just changing the whole shaft. Also after you do the inner then the out will be going in a few months anyway. $30 for the converter.
Yeah, I mean the inner. The previous owner already did the outer ones so I don't suspect that they'll be going soon.

Can you send me pics of the converter prior to making the trek up to innisfil? I'm on vacation next week... maybe we can arrange to meet?

Thanks.