Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

To a particular vendor...

Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To a particular vendor...

December 31st I bought a kit from a vendor on this website. I will refrain from mentioning the business because, in spite of how I feel, I'm trying to remain professional. Small business are difficult to run and I can understand the frustration involved, but seriously, this is gone on too long...

So I bought this kit like I said, December 31st, in hopes of installing it in the new year. Not long after I was having some major dental issues and needed the money for the repairs in my mouth as opposed to my truck. Upon hearing the news, on January 3rd, I immediately cancelled my order so I could get my money back and I figured the sooner they knew, the less time they'd waste on it. I explained the situation and expressed my gratitude for the assistance he gave me prior to my purchased and apologized for any inconvenience. I received no reply. One week later, I sent out another email to insure they received my cancellation to which I yet again got no reply.

So a 3rd email later I finally get a response telling me "If you've emailed me twice you should have received two emails outlining our return policy." I did not, but whatever I don't care, they got it they know I want to cancel my order, no problem. Two weeks go by and I've yet to get my money back. Bear in mind they had withdrawn the money in my account 3 days after my order. So again, I send out another email, still trying to be mature and professional, saying,

"Two weeks ago I received conformation that my order status has changed and my order has been canceled, however, I have not received my money back. I've tried to stay professional about this, as a fellow small business owner I understand the difficulty of running your own business and dealing with customers complaints and requests and tending to their needs. I was initially pleased with your business and level of service in regards to my inquires about the (part name) and parts needed, etc. I cannot however overlook the fact that you're, pardon my language, dragging your ass getting my money back. I think its appalling that within two days you can deduct the money from my account after a purchase yet for some reason we're two weeks and counting and I still have not received my money back; and that's just from when the order status was changed. January 3rd I requested a refund and we're now on the cusp of February 1st and I'm still $1000+ in the hole. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe there was a mix up and a mistake was made. It happens, no big deal. I don't want to drag your name through the mud and I don't want to cause a major issue over a simple purchase, you're very knowledgeable with your products and I would like to continue to do business with you simply for that reason. So I'll ask again, please refund me my money. Thank you."

To this I received yet another automated email. In the return policy they say all refunds are handled on Wednesdays only, so I wait yet another Wednesday and still no money in my account. (To those wondering, I insured that I used the same email address that we conversed with prior to purchasing aforementioned kit so I know this individual has received my emails). So yet again I go to the keyboard to type another email, this one slightly more to the point saying,

"Hello (business name), I am again emailing you in regards to my refund. The order has been canceled, there is no reason I should not have my money back in my account, or at the very least, a response other than your automated message. I have contacted you personally via this email address so I know you're aware of this situation. This is a horrendous display customer service I can honestly say at this point I am 100% dissatisfied with your, for lack of a better word, services. If I do not receive the money owed to me by the end of the week plan on me taking legal action. Thank you."

So I'll close out this post asking this vendor, you know who you are, please refund me my money. I'm not going to mention who you are, but I'm 100% certain you dwell within this forum so hopefully you will read this. You seem well respected throughout Yota Tech.com and you're certainly knowledgeable with your products. I'm not doing this for the purpose of a pissing contest or to start drama, I'm doing to hopefully motivate you to get my money back. Thank you.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So.....

Who was it?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
:bang er:

Last edited by snobdds; 02-05-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I wonder how a vendor like this can stay on a site like yotatech.
Somebody's palms must be getting greased.

Is the vendor fee worth the abuse of members? Do you care at all?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 215 Likes on 157 Posts
This thread is absolutely worthless without spilling the beans, as much as you don't want to mention this biz it needs to be done. If its a simple mistake sweet get it square if it doesn't get taken care of I would love to know who not to buy from which is the whole point of the feedback section.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM

It will come out, this particular vendor has a bad rep all over the web, and for some reason, has yet to be booted.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
I know who it is......
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Discombobulated
This thread is absolutely worthless without spilling the beans, as much as you don't want to mention this biz it needs to be done. If its a simple mistake sweet get it square if it doesn't get taken care of I would love to know who not to buy from which is the whole point of the feedback section.
If the issue is not resolved by the end of the week I will expose the individual. I'm trying like hell to be professional, idk why...
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM

Rumor has it...they about to get tossed off pirate.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 PM

before anyone passed judgement or takes sides...... remember, there are 3 sides to every story.... his, the company in question and the truth.

that said, i praise you for not saying the companys name and giving them time to contact you and deal with the problem.

and for the record, i do not know anything or anyone involved.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Bah, spit out the name. If you don't they have no real incentive to rectify the situation. File a BBB report if they're registered they kind of have to respond in a civil manner and promptly.

Keep in mind depending on the contract jurisdiction they may have as much as 90 days to provide your refund, and if you piss in thier cereal too much they tend to string it out as long as they can.

I believe if you treat one person like crap and aren't called out for it you'll just be that much more likely to do it to the next person. So yeah spill it! That is what a community is for keeping buttheads from being buttheads!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM

Ohhh..I know who it is too! I purchased from him and was told it should've already been shipped. Duh! Yeah buddy that was 3 weeks ago...then he finally sent it from Colorado 2-day...however this particular vendor doesn't reside in that state IIRC. Alabama??? Hell maybe I'm wrong with who it is but I bet he's a Moderator here and can delete this thread if he wanted too. Haha! I dare you bugsy...! Guess who I won't be buying anything from ever again?...even if it has free shipping. P R I C K!

Sorry.....Now let the flamming begin!

Oh yeah..sub'd...just to see if I'm right.

Last edited by snowshredder555; 02-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 AM

Sub'd I'm interested to see who it is I have a good idea but not sure
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 AM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
If were talking about the same vendor, Im in my 3rd week of waiting for a diff cover and some bumpstops... No shipping confirmation or anything, even sent 2 emails asking, yet my card was charged the day after I placed the order.....?

No time to ship parts, but plenty of time to browse/update forums?

Not impressed...
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I really thing someone should come clean on this.

All I can say is people are getting pretty pissed off .

I can only guess in the olden days this has be about right there with stealing horses or cows .

I could see a rope and a tree metaphysically speaking. in the not to distant future.

I really can`t say if this is from completely stupid business practices or just plain being lazy .

I have dealt with different vendors through the years some good some bad some indifferent .

I deal with some now that in order to give the great prices they need a $5000.00 minimum order sometimes it takes up to a few weeks but they are up front and honest about that.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by toyquad
before anyone passed judgement or takes sides...... remember, there are 3 sides to every story.... his, the company in question and the truth.

that said, i praise you for not saying the companys name and giving them time to contact you and deal with the problem.

and for the record, i do not know anything or anyone involved.
You are right, however, to further prove my point (if necessary) I can copy and paste all the e-mails that were sent with time stamps. Trust me, I didn't want it to come down to this I've got better things to do. I will PM this individual and let him know if he simply gives me my money back I will drop the whole thing and never bother him again.

He should know 1 bad review can negate 10 good ones. At the very least respond to my emails using complete sentences, a simple, "Something huge came up I will get back to you ASAP" is all I'm asking for; acknowledge my existence and act as if there's some amount of urgency involved.

I understand all your feelings about this individuals exposure; I would be doing you all an injustice by not saying who it is because it exposes you to the same potential fate. However, I cannot bring myself to do this just yet. I'm under the assumption it's a small business and because of this I'm giving him ample time on the 1000:1 chance maybe it was a death in the family or something so tragic he cannot possibly respond in a timely manner. Otherwise, I'm no better than the man I've wrongly victimized.

Trust me, me-of all people-has no problem calling someone out when they're wrong. When I'm 100% sure this man has made no effort to improve this ongoing situation I will personally nail him to a wall (figuratively speaking of course).
Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 AM

Also I'd like to point out I may have inadvertently been using the wrong terminology. Under this mans avatar it says "Sponsor" not "Vendor"; I assumed it was a vendor because he was on the site with a link to his store. If there's a difference. I apologize for the confusion.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 AM

I'd hold off on the posting of private correspondence. That could blow back on you in a negative way. But do put a good faith effort into contacting this person, otherwise you just sound like you're ranting. I know some large banks drag their feet with small businesses money.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by combatcarl
I'd hold off on the posting of private correspondence. That could blow back on you in a negative way. But do put a good faith effort into contacting this person, otherwise you just sound like you're ranting. I know some large banks drag their feet with small businesses money.
I agree, this is why I'm not bashing anybody. If I was ranting there would've been a lot more of these "****" bad boys in the essay I wrote. I feel there is nothing wrong with what I've posted and I stand by it 100%. This man has remained private and will stay that way until I deem otherwise. No curse words were said, no accusations were made. I simply posted facts and expressed my displeasure with the outcome of me being in the hole by a quantitative amount of money.

I have PMed this individual and emailed him as well, he is aware there is a forum front lining his business and a simple, "I apologize blah blah blah happened and because of blah blah blah I couldn't get you your money" will make it all go away. Call it an ultimatum if you like, I call it a demand for customer service.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 AM

Agreed. Just don't want to see the ban hammer drop on somebody who enjoys their forum.

Search this Thread