Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

painting new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
painting new wheels

So I got a set of 33x12.5r15 bfg mud terrains back in February and haven't had the money for a lift since then. I'm planning on 1.5 inch bj spacers, add a leafs and a 1 inch body lift. I can't afford the spacers yet but I'm ordering the body lift so So i decided to paint the rims before I get it since their kinda rusty and I don't like chrome.

So before any prep. they really weren't horrible but as i said I don't like chrome. [IMG][/IMG]

Forgot to take a pic of the primer on the rims but here's a pic of the hub caps. The primers red but it was free and it covered up the chrome and gave the paint something to stick to so cool.[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the rim after first coat of paint. It's hammered black. I kinda like it cuz if i mess up it looks like it supposed to anyways. Looks pretty good though I'll probably add another coat and some enamel to just to keep it from getting scratched off too easily.

My drill ran out of batteries after I started on the second wheel so I'll post the rest later. Afterwards was cool though. wife's in class so I've got nothing else to do so I sat down had a beer and watched the sunset in the back yard while waiting to shoot stellar jays. I hate jays. anyways thought i'd share the pic. turned out really good.[IMG][/IMG]

Dog was enjoying it too. I swear she's more obsessed with the yota than I am[IMG][/IMG]
Oh and these are in the field in my back yard[IMG][/IMG]

So yah, I'll post up the finished products later, I'll probably just go borrow my dad's electric drill so it won't take so long waiting for mine to recharge.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:26 PM

stick a 3 inch body and ull fit 33's easily
Old 05-14-2009, 07:33 PM

I know i could but I from what I've read I'd rather get the bj spacers. I can actually fit the tires on now and drive but if i hit something to hard they rub the fender so their pointless offroad until i lift it. I'll be able to drive with them with just the BL. Won't have quite as much clearance as I'd like but enough to do some trail riding
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 PM

if you want to do a 1 inch body, do a 2 or 3 inch. only things extra that you need are the steering extender, the rad drop brackets. i didn't extend the shifter but i bend it forward a bit. my 33's rub when i reverse and turn sharp and when i turn and flex while wheeling,but my tires have have huge side lugs. im going to do a bj and an aal later on.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:59 PM

1 inch body lift doesn't require anything but raising the bumper. With the bj spacers I'll 2.5 lift in front and 3 in back which is perfect for the terrain around here. I bought the tires back in February and haven't been able to do anything with them except stare at what other people on here have done and read why they did it that way. The body lift cost me about 75 bucks after shipping and tax. The bj spacers with add a leafs, shocks, getting the tires ballanced and shipping is gonna cost around 300 bucks. I"ll be able to afford these around mid June to July. You're truck does look pretty great though.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
let me know when you want some 1.5" spacers

I bought a set a while back for a monster IFS setup, but I don't think I'm going to use them now... I hate to see them just setting here on the shelf

^^ the diff drop I AM using, so no selling of those
Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 PM

I would love to buy them. How much. probably can't buy them now but if you want to hold them for about a month I'd love to. If not i would understand though.