Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

ok, who has done this?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, who has done this?

i had to pull this idiot's four wheeler out of this creek. the trick was getting down the pipeline after a day that it rained 10''. this was the first test of lockers and tires, and i must say, there is nothing like 4 tires pulling.

to add to the drama, i had to trailer the four wheeler back to camp.

oh, and you are asking yourself "why is he trailering the four wheeler", well you see, that idiot was me. now i have run 50 miles in a day, but that was the longest mile i have ever walked, when i had to go the truck.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM

Haha, good story. I especially liked the tricky ending

lockers rock!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never got stuck, but my race quad is small enough to push or pull out by myself hehe.

Nice atv.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm asking myself "what the hell was he doing in the creek?!" Didn't the feeling in your gut hit that says,"Hey goober....yer gonna git stuck!"?

What a day that must've been....lol! Must be nice.....you had lockers. I could've done it in my Toy, though. (hhhaah...*polishes fingernails acrossed front of shirt*) Mmmyep....
Old 05-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

Nice! It's about time I see your 4wheeler.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:11 PM

and the cooler stayed on haha
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 PM

cant let the beer get away
Old 05-28-2008, 10:15 PM

nice, gota love the lockers, cant complain about getting the exorcise either ive had to hike out of stuck places a lot farther back than one mile hehe . Does your quad have 4x4? almost certain my 500cc polaris would have mobbed through that creek no problem...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It would be in your best interest to invest in a winch for that quad. I've been stuck like that, except 8 miles out a trail. Not fun when it's getting dark, and you have only rope, a knife, and you've already lost one of your boots in the mud. Needless to say, I made it out, I found a tree that had fallen over, and wedged the tires out, then put rocks under the tires, floored it and hoped for the best. Oh yeah, this is on an ATV.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by thook
I'm asking myself "what the hell was he doing in the creek?!" Didn't the feeling in your gut hit that says,"Hey goober....yer gonna git stuck!"?

What a day that must've been....lol! Must be nice.....you had lockers. I could've done it in my Toy, though. (hhhaah...*polishes fingernails acrossed front of shirt*) Mmmyep....
no, the voices inside my head were saying "you can make, you have 4 wheel drive" and i did make it, till the front tires hit the telephone poles and could not climb up them.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by stormin94
It would be in your best interest to invest in a winch for that quad. I've been stuck like that, except 8 miles out a trail. Not fun when it's getting dark, and you have only rope, a knife, and you've already lost one of your boots in the mud. Needless to say, I made it out, I found a tree that had fallen over, and wedged the tires out, then put rocks under the tires, floored it and hoped for the best. Oh yeah, this is on an ATV.
i buying a winch in a week. i went back the next weekend and crossed it, hmmm stupid creek. you can see where the creek washed the poles away that lined the bottom. the boys that hunt that end of the lease have a major chore in front of them.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
Nice! It's about time I see your 4wheeler.
i told ya i had some pic for ya, you soon to be dad. what is the latest on your civic quest?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
tortise- That was a great story, you had me going there!

thook- If I was the "use a quote from someone else in my sig line" kind of guy, I would use this one for sure. I just about pissed myself when I read it.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:32 AM

Well, let me know when your birthday is. I'll send you a bladder bag, instead...

Hey tortis......you and the hunting fellows ought to build a little rock pile bridge acrossed that creek. Looks like the old one washed out. Might even be able to use those poles to your advantage.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 AM

I was going to say, damn you're one nice guy helping someone out like that.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, let me know when your birthday is. I'll send you a bladder bag, instead...

OK, I guess I am one of those guys now. You can save the bladder bag for someone else.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tortis
i told ya i had some pic for ya, you soon to be dad. what is the latest on your civic quest?
Ahhh... so THOSE were the pics! Lol... Great story. As far as the Civic, the quest is over. I'm keeping my BMW. It gets 25 city/32 hwy, so for 8-10mpg less, I get to ride in total luxury and feel like I'm a single stud again. At least for the 10 min drive to/from work.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

Hey tortis......you and the hunting fellows ought to build a little rock pile bridge acrossed that creek. Looks like the old one washed out. Might even be able to use those poles to your advantage.
send it on down buddy, it is next week.

the telephones pole work great, but the 10'' of rain washed them maybe 20' down stream. i am going there tomorrow to repair the so called bridge.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
Ahhh... so THOSE were the pics! Lol... Great story. As far as the Civic, the quest is over. I'm keeping my BMW. It gets 25 city/32 hwy, so for 8-10mpg less, I get to ride in total luxury and feel like I'm a single stud again. At least for the 10 min drive to/from work.
dude, you were going to give up the ride of a bmw for a civic, had i known that, i would have steered you straight. so what about your diff's?
Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by tortis
send it on down buddy, it is next week.

the telephones pole work great, but the 10'' of rain washed them maybe 20' down stream. i am going there tomorrow to repair the so called bridge.
Oooops....I guess I should've quoted zlathim when I said that....lol. The bladder bag was for him to help with his near lack of bladder control when reading humorous posts.....

But, hey....they do make great gifts for anyone of any size or any condition. And, if nothing else, you could always use it as a hydration pack on the long hikes back to camp......

I'm just messin' with ya, bro. I've been in the same boat so many times.

Search this Thread