Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Oil leak on 94 toyota pickup

Old 11-16-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil leak on 94 toyota pickup

Hi everyone. Thanks ahead of time. I have a oil leak on my 94 toyota pickup 3.0 v6. Oil pressure is fine and there's no smoke. Any ideas? Thank you!
Old 11-16-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 820 Likes on 648 Posts
Uh, fix the leak?

It sounds like you have no idea where it is leaking from. This will make it harder to fix. Get a can of spray-on engine degreaser and a garden hose. (Try your best to keep the water from the distributor and the TPS) Try to do a good job cleaning it up. Start it and start watching immediately.

Remember that gravity is not your friend. If you don't clean first, all oil goes to the lowest point, and looks like a leaking main seal.

For what it's worth, the back side of the valve cover gasket is a common leaking point, because sealant has to be applied there when the gasket is replaced.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:34 PM

Thanks

Hey thanks for the reply. Ya I have no idea where it is lok. Okay cool I will clean it up and grab a buddy to help me look from the top and bottom. Ya I was hoping there was a common point to look at first so thank you
Old 11-30-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
x2 on what scope said about the valve cover gaskets. Check the back outside corners (closest to the firewall and fenders) of each valve cover that is where they are most likely to leak, or at least show it. There is a pretty good chance that is at least what is leaking.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Valve covers leak pretty bad on my 95. That's one of my next projects. Do you know what side at least? Another possibility if it's driver side is oil cooler if you have one, and oil pressure sender.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Sweet

Originally Posted by mbomberz1
x2 on what scope said about the valve cover gaskets. Check the back outside corners (closest to the firewall and fenders) of each valve cover that is where they are most likely to leak, or at least show it. There is a pretty good chance that is at least what is leaking.
thanks! Ill check tmw and repost!

Search this Thread