Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Oil coming out of throttle body.... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd check all the basics like vacume hoses etc, anything that might affect air flow. Remeber also that there are several sensor that work together to feed the ECU info to run the engine, and it only takes 1 going offline to affect the engine.
Bad valves/worn rings can cause a lack of suction/compression, but then again so can blown intake gaskets(upper/lower) as well as head gaskets. I would look at things like vacume hoses and intake gaskets first. Any amount of unmetered air coming into the intake will affect the way the computer controls fuel and spark.
AFM- vacume leaks will affect the way this reads, and I think this has something to do with fuel flow.
Air bypass/TPS feeds info to the ECU to control fuel amount and spark advance
Temp switches will send info to the ECU for fuel control for the cold start system and run system. Knock sensor controls spark advance, but would throw a CEL code
Check your EFI main fuse as well as fuel pump fuses
Do Toyotas have a safety invert/impact switch? I cant remember. I installed a factory Ford EFI on a 351W in an early bronco since I last worked on my Toy.
Are you getting fuel to the injectors? can you hear the fuel pump come on then turn off when the key is turned on?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You must not work on many fuel injected engines.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Read my post.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A bit of oil presence in the intake is completely normal. I've got a '94 4x4 Pickup/22re, and it was getting a bit of oil in the intake. Not dripping out or anything, but the PCV is a combination of combustion by-products from blow-by, condensation, and oil vapor. I routed my PCV to a catch can so the motor doesn't see any of that anymore, thus seriously decreasing the amount of oil in my intake. (there wasn't a lot to begin with)

And to back it up, I've got a flawlessly running e36 M3, same deal. Oil in the intake from the PCV. My MKIII Supra, same deal. That's why I run catch cans. All have great compression and run like tops. It's normal. Excessive oil presence is NOT normal, however.

I'll go out on a limb here and say to grab a can of carb cleaner and check for vacuum leaks. Especially around those intake spacers you just installed. Spray every intake connection AFTER the AFM. Don't spray any before the AFM.

You'll have to get the truck running first, though. Are you getting fuel? Try jumping +B and FP in the diagnostic block. That'll run your fuel pump. You only need three things to make it run, air, spark, and fuel, assuming the engine is properly timed and set up correctly.

Edit: @ Homeless dog & truck: break up your paragraphs, and lose the abbreviations. This isn't text messaging. I normally don't even reply to threads where people type everything in one jumbled up paragraphs with more abbreviations than a teenage text messager. Not an insult, just a suggestion so everyone takes you a bit more seriously.

Last edited by shaeff; 02-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so I have the same problem there Is oil on my throttle body but my engine is still rinning just not well I lose a little oil but not a lot my valve cover gaskets are bad but Im wondering if I need to do my pcv valve as well any tips on anything else I should do whIle o have it apart ?