Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

No start issue need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No start issue need help ASAP

Okay so I need to leave the state in 2 days and now my truck wont start I need some serious help. I paid a guy to Connect a trailer wiring harness to my truck so I can rent a trailer from uhaul. On the test light both turn signals work but brake lights dont. I took off the tail light to see the brown wire (tail lights) wasnt even spliced into the brake light bulb wire. So I spliced it into the hot wire. red(stop) wire is already spliced into the other. Brake lights now work on the test light but the car will not start I ACCIDENTALLY left the headlight switch on when splicing the brown tail light wire into the brake light bulb wire. The car will not start. Extreme flickering of lights in the cab. I undid the brown wire and it stopped flicking but still no start. Just clicking. ALL FUSES ARE GOOD. Is this no start issue unrelated or did leaving the head light switch on fry the ecu or what is going on? Wont start with the battery charger on it either. What could have happened? Should I try a different battery since i did strain it last night testing my lights quite a bit or should it still start with the battery charger? It was reading full but now only half charged
Old 03-03-2016, 12:05 PM

Received 820 Likes on 648 Posts
You won't get useful help until you describe the problem.

Turn the key - click (relay) - clunk (solenoid) - rrrrr (starter) - bang, bop, boop (firing) - chug-a-chug-a-CHUG(starting) - hmmmmm(running) - clonk, bank (stopping).

Where is yours?

"ALL FUSES ARE GOOD." No they're not. You don't even know where all the fuses are. Which ones did you check (and how)?
Old 03-03-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scope103
You won't get useful help until you describe the problem.

Turn the key - click (relay) - clunk (solenoid) - rrrrr (starter) - bang, bop, boop (firing) - chug-a-chug-a-CHUG(starting) - hmmmmm(running) - clonk, bank (stopping).

Where is yours?

"ALL FUSES ARE GOOD." No they're not. You don't even know where all the fuses are. Which ones did you check (and how)?
Lol I know exactly where every fuse and relay is and their exact purpose. It was clicking. Apparently leaving the headlight on while splicing wires messed up the battery or it just randomly fried itself. I put in a different battery and jumpstarted it and it started right up.