Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

new member from Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post new member from Idaho

Hello,
New member here from south east Idaho. currently residing in the Boise area.
I have two yota pickups. an 89 that i am currently working on and getting put back together. 22re, 5 speed, 4 wheel drive. I bought it for $200 from a friend. wasn't running at the time. took her home and all she needed was a starter, a fresh battery and a ton of sea foam lol. cleaned it up a little bit, ghetto patched all the rust in the bed just cuz I had the extra material lying around. drove it for about a year and seized, or cracked a cyl. wall i believe.

well i got a different motor to put in, unknown of what kind of mileage or history this motor has been through. I lost interest and funds after pulling the motor over a year ago, finally, i am wanting to get her back to life! well i pulled the motor and trans, idk why i pulled the trans, should have left it.. but i pulled it out and broke the little plastic piece that keeps oil or lubricates the gears in the tranny. its basically like a little white tray that holds oil. I have no clue what this piece is called or if its of any importance, but i was hoping someone on here would know what the technical name of it is and if they know of an online parts shop that i can get it from. i dont want to chance mounting the trans without it and screw something up.

hopefully one of ya'll will know what part im talking about and have some insight for me to get a new one! please let me know!

thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
welcome to Yotatech.
no clue what the piece is called..
i am pretty sure you can find the factory service manual at this link:
http://ncttora.com/fsm/index.html

used parts links:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f120...rs-etc-221645/
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the service manual link. that will be extremely helpful. I scrolled through it pretty quick and didn't see the little plastic part. I noticed the manual was i downloaded was 1988 specific, I don't think their is much of a difference though. unless the trans i have is newer or older.
Again, thanks for the links!