YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

NEW 22RE engine

Where can I get a new 22RE 'stock' engine? LC Engineering and DOA Racing sell performance 22RE engines, I need STOCK. A couple links would be great. My ride is a 1995 4x4 xcab 22RE. thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

anywhere but oregon engine rebuilders.

Try your local garages and price out a Jasper motor. ANd these questions come up all the time and have been answered many times where to get engines. You can find them eaily with the search option on the forums.

Build Thread
BMW Thread

87 P/U 4X 5sp Weber Downey Hdr 2.25 Exh EB 268

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

waynesworld1966
check out 22reperformance .com
89 toyota sr5 4x4 excab 22re 5 speed,4runner seats 167xxx 31x10.50 bfg at dick cepek rims,bushwacker fender flares brand new toyota shortblock engnbldr rv head 261c,lce rocker assembly, marlin crawler1200pd clutch.installed new engine 6-5-11.flomaster 40series muffler 2-1/4 catback exhaust, roundeyes headlights
Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Find a shop or friend who knows what they are doing and rebuild yours. Then you will know exactly what yiu got. Oh yea and you order the parts.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Anthony Gautier
http://engnbldr.com/
This guy has super affordable engine parts i ordered a cam, oil pump, coolant pump, complete gasket kit, timing chain kit and got it all for $285
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

anyone else think engnbldr should should start marketing rebuilt or new motors? instead of just parts?

Build Thread
BMW Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to RustBucket
If he ditches the Rock headgasket, sure. He's a pro and very trusted as a 22re guru.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant954 View Post
http://engnbldr.com/
This guy has super affordable engine parts i ordered a cam, oil pump, coolant pump, complete gasket kit, timing chain kit and got it all for $285
Yeah I know Ted. He knows his stuff desn't he. I just replaced the timing chain (bought from him). All good. The problem is.. he doesn't sell engines, just parts. It would be really cool if he did cause his pricing is SUPERB.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBucket View Post
If he ditches the Rock headgasket, sure. He's a pro and very trusted as a 22re guru.
I couldn't agree more. I've tried Rock stuff many years ago and it held up for 15,000 - 20,000 miles max. I've since learned, OEM lasted 200,000 + for me, why change a good thing. He fills that niche market for budget conscience DIY's who want an arguably decent product at a reasonable price. He is good at lending some advice and customer service. Which is why they are so successful.

His business model is based on high volume, low mark-up, and turnover. That model quickly breaks down if stuff is coming back all the time for warranty work due to defective products. Case in point - Oregon Engine Rebuilders. Ted is smart enough to understand this, OER; not so much.

She doesn't look like much...but she puts out!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobdds View Post
I couldn't agree more. I've tried Rock stuff many years ago and it held up for 15,000 - 20,000 miles max. I've since learned, OEM lasted 200,000 + for me, why change a good thing. He fills that niche market for budget conscience DIY's who want an arguably decent product at a reasonable price. He is good at lending some advice and customer service. Which is why they are so successful.

His business model is based on high volume, low mark-up, and turnover. That model quickly breaks down if stuff is coming back all the time for warranty work due to defective products. Case in point - Oregon Engine Rebuilders. Ted is smart enough to understand this, OER; not so much.
it's the second time i've heard bad things about Oregon Engine Rebuilders. two is good enough for me. scratched out.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hit up a pick and pull for a motor. Tear it down take it to a shop to get cleaned/checked/decked if needed/bored if wanted. Order rebuild kit from Engnbldr and have at it. That way you know it's good.

Pickup Build

FSM
Trouble Codes
Vin # Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc View Post
Yeah, pretty sure they're gonna rub like a fat chick in cordurouy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
He who dies without blemish is poorly mourned for he never truly lived
Aviator

Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Hit up a pick and pull for a motor. Tear it down take it to a shop to get cleaned/checked/decked if needed/bored if wanted. Order rebuild kit from Engnbldr and have at it. That way you know it's good.
sounds good
Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

Anthony Gautier
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBucket View Post
I wish i would have known this before i just ordered the gasket kit. The oil pump and coolant pump is Rock also anyone have any experience with them?

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 03-23-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: language
Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Well I installed a Rock Kit with a new head/ oil pump/ water pump. I think all would have been well if my stat didn't take a dump and over heat. If you install per spec I think you'll be ok. I have had some issues in the past but I can't say 100% it was the H/G kit. I've done the H/G 3 times in as many years about 25K miles or so. In June when I did the H/G I noticed that the 2 head bolts were really loose around exhaust #3 and #4 so that was more likely the failure. I know I have read somewhere to torque to 60 or 65 lbs instead of the 58. Don't quote me on this. Shoot engnbldr and email to be sure.

Pickup Build

FSM
Trouble Codes
Vin # Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc View Post
Yeah, pretty sure they're gonna rub like a fat chick in cordurouy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
He who dies without blemish is poorly mourned for he never truly lived
Aviator

Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

7500+ miles on my rock with a shaved block and brand new head and no issues I have noticed as of yet knock on wood. And the amount of mountains this things sees, I think if I were to have blown one, I would have already. *crossing figures.*

Build Thread
BMW Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

There not bad parts, it's just that there not made to last as long as OEM. The service interval will be much sooner, as long as you know this dynamic...you'll be fine.

Go with the parts you've already ordered.

She doesn't look like much...but she puts out!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

Sunwest, medical lake washington.
http://www.sunwestautomotiveengines.com/
Old 03-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iselloil View Post
Sunwest, medical lake washington.
http://www.sunwestautomotiveengines.com/
I second that, I recently had Sunwest do the machine work on my 22r block and they were very friendly and professional. I'm still in process of putting motor together but the work appeared to be very good. I'm using a combination of parts. Npr pistons and rings, Rock bearings, o/p, timing set, and some gaskets. Toyota hg, w/p, seals, intake gaskets. Also using a new Eb head w/ 268 cam. About 1200 in parts and machining. As others have said Eb rock parts are far from the best but the price and customer service can't be beat.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Jasper, ATK(my own experience, not to be repeated), and now OER. Off the shelf rebuilts are very hit-and-miss. My ATK was pathetic(replaced after 60K miles). Do it yerself, or if like me, find a real engine rebuilding place and take yours there, or have them build one from scratch.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to RustBucket
My Rock waterpump actually just went with about 35k on it. Not too bad I guess. The shaft seal starting leaking. I replaced it with an Aisin part, as I will be doing with every other major component that fails from now on.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
22re, atlanta, buy, cam, cost, engine, engines, jasper, motor, oregon, parts, price, rebuilders, toyota, work