Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Need Help Fast 3.0 Waiting For Response!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Need Help Fast 3.0 Waiting For Response!!

Ok im almost done with my new motor and i have a few things i cant figure out before i start it up!! please help i want to get done tonight!!
I circled all the problems and things im unsure about in white!! HELP

This is on the bottom of the power stearing pump i dont see them on all 3.0s do i need it or can i bypass them together? if i do need where does it plug into?

This is a mess and a pain in my A$$ but if you could send me good pics of your rigs or even explain how to plug this all in right, i have the hoses where i think they go i tried the manual no good picture!

Another pic of the same thing

And another

Where does that plug into? and is what i have right? any pics of your rigs would help!!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AHEAD OF TIME!!! ALSO THIS IS A 93 MOTOR GETTING INSTALLED IN A 90 TRUCK!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:34 PM

Need Help Fast Bump!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Really no one knows any of this?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
God Almighty!
someone help this guy!!
I have been waiting forever to see this motor running.
Dude, if I was familiar with that motor I would drive to Florida? and help you!!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Here's all I have of the heater hoses. I don't have exactly the angle shot you have but it might help.
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...Engine%20Pics/

I know I have pics of the vaccuum lines somewhere.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm stuck too.
I know the PS pump fittings, one should be full manifold vacuum and the other ported vacuum from the throttle body to provide more PS assist at low rpms, and less at higher rpms... but which one where?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 PM

you can block off the power steering ones on the motor side with those rubber caps they sell at autozone. No need to block off the ones on the actual pump.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry, only pics I could find at the moment.

I will include a pic of a big potato bug for your enjoyment
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM

My power steering idle up switch (which is what is pictured) was busted when I got the truck. They actually hooked the 2 together.

What concerns me right now, is that you have a plenum with no water pipe on the front, right next to the two hoses coming from the airbox assembly. But, the water outlet on the front of the engine has an extra outlet on it, which is supposed to go to the missing pipe. Do you have the other plenum lying around somewhere? I read that you had 2 different year engines. When you were working on the timing tensioner, you had the 93 setup on it. but now with that water outlet, that would be the 90 setup. So what I'm trying to say is that you have the 93 plenum on that engine, but the water outlet (the one that goes through the top timing idler), is from a 90. I'll need to check the heater hoses in the back there and see where they route.

I'll need to look at my engine, the smaller vacuum lines look pretty close. There is a bigger one pictured that isn't connected, that is either the A/C idle up or the steering idle up. I'll see about getting some pics.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by pepsibluefloat
you can block off the power steering ones on the motor side with those rubber caps they sell at autozone. No need to block off the ones on the actual pump.
What do you mean on the motor side? and can i bypass what i took a picture of and still have power stearing? without messing anything up? i cant find anyware that it would plug into?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Here's a pic of my '91 engine.

Notice the three hoses in the front. I think you have the wrong outlet piece in the front, cause your heater hoses appear to be routed differently as well.

Last edited by Cyberman; 11-21-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 PM

You should have 2 pair of larger vacuum hoses, one pair for A/C idle up and one pair for power steering idle up. They plug into the larger pipes in the plenum, behind where the little hoses are. What they are saying is that you can cap off those pipes in the plenum and everything will run.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cyberman
My power steering idle up switch (which is what is pictured) was busted when I got the truck. They actually hooked the 2 together.

What concerns me right now, is that you have a plenum with no water pipe on the front, right next to the two hoses coming from the airbox assembly. But, the water outlet on the front of the engine has an extra outlet on it, which is supposed to go to the missing pipe. Do you have the other plenum lying around somewhere? I read that you had 2 different year engines. When you were working on the timing tensioner, you had the 93 setup on it. but now with that water outlet, that would be the 90 setup. So what I'm trying to say is that you have the 93 plenum on that engine, but the water outlet (the one that goes through the top timing idler), is from a 90. I'll need to check the heater hoses in the back there and see where they route.

I'll need to look at my engine, the smaller vacuum lines look pretty close. There is a bigger one pictured that isn't connected, that is either the A/C idle up or the steering idle up. I'll see about getting some pics.
ok what you said is confusing me a little i think i understand the plentium thing i do have the other kind its only 1 sided tho and im not sure which one im supposed to use if im supposed to use the one sided one i can switch that. and just wondering where does the other side plug in usually? "water outlet on the front of the engine has an extra outlet on it" i dont get what your saying? and yes i do have 2 different year engines this one now is a 93 going into a 90 truck. and thanks for the pics the big ones are what im confused with i followed the manual on the little ones and understand that. I also had problems with the i dont know what its called ill put a pic and explain.

I used the one on the right all i did was swap out the light blue one from the one on the left to the one on the right. If this is wrong let me know its a little late to have to change it but if i can make it work or IDK just let me know what i did messed up! thank you!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:03 PM

ya, that would be the first mistake. You need to use the one on the left. I believe it's called the coolant block, or sensor block, or some thing stupid like that. You need that hose connected. That is the missing connection to your heater hoses in the back.

If you're putting this in a '90, you need to put the other plenum on as well. Look at the 5th picture on this page. then look at mine. Compare the two spots you circled on the right (front of the engine).

I had to figure out the same thing as you. I put a 93 engine into a 91. I only had the 91 plenum though, so I didn't run into that problem.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM

And, don't worry about the "connector" on the last picture you posted at the top of the page. I have the exact same thing hanging there.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 PM

if it wasnt going to get down to 7 degrees tonight i would go out and do it right now. its a little cold for my blood so im going to wait till morning! but im going to jump right on it first thing so home i can figure it all out and just to make sure you said the hols on my actual pump i souldnt have to block it should be ok? ill block em anyways probley thanks for the help guys if you see anything else that doesnt fit let me know before i mess something up!!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Not sure when I'll be up in the morning, but I'll help the best I can.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:07 PM

yoterup, what happened when i was gone, you freaked out? i guess the part about taking your time went out the window huh, well hurry up and run outside and freeze your azz of and get this thing done. oh and what questions do you have that havent been answered yet?????
Old 11-22-2008, 04:20 AM

I took a good look this morning. Your "sensor block" should be okay.

You do need the other plenum though, because the coolant outlet on the front of the engine goes to that extra pipe, which runs to the back to supply the heater hose that is not connected.

The small vacuum lines look correct. I can't tell where #4 is going, but it should go to the pair reed switch.

I'll PM my number, If you want to call me to check anything out today.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 AM

dont know if these will help, but here ya go...

Quick Reply: Need Help Fast 3.0 Waiting For Response!!