86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need advice! 92' 4runner v6 sr5 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice! 92' 4runner v6 sr5 2wd

so ill add pictures when i get home, but i'm in a pickle!

car: 92' 4runner sr5 v6 3.0 (145,000mi)

backstory: about 5 months ago i got in an accident (my fault) and only have liability on my 4runner (you can see where this is going).
i want to get my baby fixed because it was my grandmother's sunday car that she gave to me and she recently passed so i don't want to get rid of it.
basically want to keep it my whole life and do a nice build when the time comes. you know bad ass engine swap, new interior, lift her up, paint her, everything

situation: so the car still works fine other than a little idling issue(think a sensory got hit from the crash) but nothing a little two footed driving can't handle. my driver door got completely smashed in,
meaning the window is done for too (don't worry duct tape and a shower curtain works great). some damage to the quarter panel towards the bottom by the running boards, the rocker panel is smashed in,
the running board faces straight down, and then a little dent and scratches on the passenger door. the back door still works fine, but the drivers wont open. so yes i get in my car through the front passenger door
and hop the consol

my problem is if i bought a door we don't know if it till mount up right, and i also want it back to pristine condition.

any advice? or 2cents? im open to all options
Old 10-20-2016, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need pictures to understand exactly what you are dealing with. Report back with pics and hopefully You can get help.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
yep pics, as in lots of them with door open closed etc.
YT's Crystal ball won't work with out them.

with what you said it sounds like unless you know how to do body work you should park it and save for a body shop to work on it.