Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

My 93 p/u story... suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 93 p/u story... suggestions?

So I haven't posted in quite a while. Figured I'd throw some pics out and see what kind of suggestions I get:

That would be the tire carrier/bumper I made after mine rotted off... and then got knocked off completely in a stream bed... Bumper and rings are from a rail car... so heavy stuff.

The swing away in action, works pretty well. I've since added a bracket for license plate and light on the passenger side. Nice thing is I can take the swing away off really easy if I need to leave the tailgate down.

Last winter, first time it iced over... taking a friend a ladder to hang Xmas lights... slid right through a corner and into oncoming Traffic...

Still driveable once I put a new battery in it... radiator support was a little bashed in...

So there she sat for the winter... sad and lonely... no money to fix her...

This spring, with the help of some friends at work (as well as a come along attached to a coupler on a rail car and some hammering) she's back to normal... with a black fender but whatever. Been driving it all summer. Sunk a few hundred into replacing knock sensor and harness, cleaning intake, valve cover gaskets, pcv, timing belt (wow), belts, dist cap, rotor, wires, plugs, power steering pump, etc, etc, etc... Drives great, tires are too big for not having a lift (32x11.50)... Still getting 18mpg even with the tires, auto, v6. Lots of funny sounds and squeaks, but it's got new ranchos and low profile bump stops. Don't really wanna offroad it until I have another everyday driver. Recently totaled my old altima when I got hit by a deer... yes, it hit me... So the yota is a daily driver again for the time being.

So, anyway, suggestions? I'll get more pictures as I go if anyone is interested. I have a detroit locker sitting on my workbench, just haven't had the guts to install since it's basically on the road all the time.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM

Love bumper and tire mount. I've never heard of anyone getting hit by a deer, talk about some bad luck.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jsn_stockard
Love bumper and tire mount. I've never heard of anyone getting hit by a deer, talk about some bad luck.
Yeah... didn't even know it was there until it's head was on the windshield. It's chest hit the drivers side fender and the body pretty much wrapped around the car. Destroyed...
Old 10-20-2009, 05:35 PM

Hey Dude

Im interested I have a 1994 2wd pickup. I want to see the progress...Dont give up keep going...

Good luck
Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ravencraft
Yeah... didn't even know it was there until it's head was on the windshield. It's chest hit the drivers side fender and the body pretty much wrapped around the car. Destroyed...
I have a friend who was diving on a highway in the winter when she saw a deer running down a big hill and right into her side fender. Luckily she was able to drive away.