YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to dcmbsc
leak from water pump gasket ,water pump

so i noticed a leak comeing from the seal on top of the water pump near the top and it is leaking a good bit , i think it is the gasket . my dad we should go ahead and replace the water pump and thermostat cause , it will take a day or 2 to fix it , u guys ever had to replace the water pump and or gasket and how long it will take ? any thing i shiuld think about.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Water pump and t-stat should only take a few hours to do. However, that can go out the door rather quickly.

What motor?

I'd take your dad's advise and do the pump.

93 ZJ - Stockish (HP D60 Front, 14 Bolt Rear, 231/D300 Crawl Box...awaiting 40" tires)

Ballistic Crap Missile
ILikeMud.net
Mallcrawlin.com
SOTRA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

One day, yes replace all if you can. It is a good time to check for your timing belt while you're in there, need to remove it to pull and install the water pump. If you are replacing the timing belt you giong to have alot more work done.

Click the image to open in full size.

The water pump is on the middle were the belt run through it.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

i was thinking just let some of the nuckle head do it at midas cause it will be a pain in the ass , that picture is from the 4 cly right , on my v-6 its a bitch to get too, my dad thinks alll i need is a gasket , and he said since we down there rpalce the water pump , gasket , thermostat, and maybe the timeing belt.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to keithguts Send a message via MSN to keithguts Send a message via Yahoo to keithguts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmbsc View Post
i was thinking just let some of the nuckle head do it at midas cause it will be a pain in the ass , that picture is from the 4 cly right , on my v-6 its a bitch to get too, my dad thinks alll i need is a gasket , and he said since we down there rpalce the water pump , gasket , thermostat, and maybe the timeing belt.
MIDAS??????????????

MY PICS

95 4runner 3.0 auto 4x4

My Rig
My Rig
RangerMan
Enjoy
Old 06-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Holy Cow! Don't let Midas touch it!
That pic is the V-6, after all the outer stuff has been removed and yes, it is a PITA to get to. I'd suggest replacing it all while you're in there, to include the timing belt.

Multipe FSMs!!!
EPIC 3VZE info thread
Cheap OEM Parts: www.toyotaofnewnan.com

Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

midas lol the only reason i say them is cause i no the boss and he is my good bud on my old paintball team , but i think i may do it and save some money, i need my truck to run cause i wanna ride down the bullyvard here in myrtle beach, sc lol cuase it summer and i need it to stop freaking leaking.

its leaking from the gasket seal, almost 100% that the problem that little 3 doller gasket.

Last edited by dcmbsc; 06-11-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sunnbumm
water pump R and R write up

Does anyone have a step by step water pump R and R for a so-so DIY'r? Mine is leaking and I have torn every thing down but have not pulled the timing belt yet. It looks pretty simple except for putting the timing belt back on correctly. A write up with pics sure would help.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

this might help

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/timing_belt/

its the 3.4l (5vze) but probably very similar to 3.0 (3vze)?
TG 3" FR Springs, TG 4" R Springs, rear disc-brakes, chromoly rear axles, chromoly 27 Birfs, T-case brake, 5x 37x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR, Yukon 5.29 gears, F/R Aussie Lockers, MC 1600lb clutch, Magnaflow
Old 08-06-2007, 04:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnbumm View Post
Does anyone have a step by step water pump R and R for a so-so DIY'r? Mine is leaking and I have torn every thing down but have not pulled the timing belt yet. It looks pretty simple except for putting the timing belt back on correctly. A write up with pics sure would help.
Its called FSM or Factory Service Manual

I think there's a sticky at the top of the page with links
or go to a public library that has ALLDATA access?

OR shell out the $100 for the manual - its worth every penny and you'll make it back in savings in not time.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

When I did mine, I replaced the radiator, belts, tstat, pump & gasket all at the same time. Just watch those little 10mm studs on the pump. They're easy to break off. *sigh*
Old 08-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, 4runner, 92, 95, gasket, leak, location, pump, replace, toyota, truck, v6, view, water, waterpump