Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

LCE's charger set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCE's charger set up

Anyone running one? What else have you done?

I just picked one up and Cant wait to put it on. I am sending the headunit out to be rebuilt and then polished when it gets home. What kind of power are you making and any snags you have run in to would be helpful. I have a webber on there now but i have holley adapter would it be worth it to run the downdraft i have over the holly carb?

thanks
Old 03-26-2007, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vwfastg60
Anyone running one? What else have you done?

I just picked one up and Cant wait to put it on. I am sending the headunit out to be rebuilt and then polished when it gets home. What kind of power are you making and any snags you have run in to would be helpful. I have a webber on there now but i have holley adapter would it be worth it to run the downdraft i have over the holly carb?

thanks
I've run one before with a mildly ported head, .5mm over valves, and mildly ported cam. I've run it with both the 32/36 weber, 38mm weber, and finally a ~400-~500 cfm TBI unit.

They're massively inefficient, but they do produce boost immediately. HP gains aren't that impressive. Torque gain is very impressive.

I ran mine on a low compression motor, up to about 10psi. I could have pushed more boost.

The things *love* big carbs. It was a huge wake-up when I went to the TBI unit. The 32/36 and 38 weber, I didn't notice much of a difference (other than getting the A/F right).

I hope you bought a reasonably new one. There are several variations on these same blowers and Camden can't service them all anymore.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:32 PM

I talked to the guys at LC and they said camden was sold and now its owned by atkins rotery or something like that. I called over with the part # and they said 600+parts to rebuild it. Is it worth it to rebuild it or should i just get the apex strips and do it myself. The PO of the kit got all the new bearings it just needs the strips. Any idea where i would find something like that?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by vwfastg60
I talked to the guys at LC and they said camden was sold and now its owned by atkins rotery or something like that. I called over with the part # and they said 600+parts to rebuild it. Is it worth it to rebuild it or should i just get the apex strips and do it myself. The PO of the kit got all the new bearings it just needs the strips. Any idea where i would find something like that?
Camden is owned by Atkins Rotary now. The guys at Atkins Rotary are great - they took care of me very well.

$600 sounds pretty expensive for a rebuild, it depends on what they're doing for that amount of change. I never disassembled mine, but I know that the strips on the rotors do get worn over time. I don't know of other sources for the rotor strips, but I doubt very much if they're a custom part. The rotors are custom to that blower shop, as far as I know.. and $$$

I don't know what you paid for it, but if you end up into it for less than $1k - and rebuilt by the "factory" - you're doing great...

Watch your timing and fuel octane with boost.. I hear that blower can do nasty things to a motor if driven at high boost levels.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 PM

The guy i got it from was sayin it needs those strips. He got all new bearings already but hasnt found the strips. It looks like a pretty easy charger to rebuild.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Let me know how it works out..