86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

It's Hallowee and time for a smoke show - 3vze sea foam treatment

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's Hallowee and time for a smoke show - 3vze sea foam treatment

So when I had done sea foam in the past on my 3vze, I always sucked it in through that short hose that goes from just in front of the throttle body, to the crank case beside the oil cap. It produced some smoke but nothing like today. When I was at Green93's (Jasons) place last weekend and Jay351 and I were talking about Seafoam, he said he sucked it through the brake booster hose which goes right to the left side of the intake manifold near the cold start injector. So I bought 2 cans today and tried it out. Wow - what a big difference.

When I tried it myself before the engine seemed to "rev up" when it sucked it in and I went relatively slowly. It was almost as if the sea foam combusted better or something. Today when I did it through the brake booster line which I'd imagine probably does a better job of sucking/distributing it through the 6 intake runners, it started stalling out a bit and not liking it if that makes sense. I did 2 treatments about an hour ago - both 5 minute sit times, and both times it let out a pretty good smoke show with not just big puffs of white smoke, but intermittent puffs of ranky blue smoke mixed in. I didn't wait for it all to clear before I took it for a drive so it let out some white smoke for a while and then when the white smoke cleared up it was letting out some blue smoke for a few blocks and then it cleared right up. So I'm on my third treatment right now and I'm gonna let it sit for a little longer than 5 minutes.

As far as what I noticed - the difference was minute but noticeable. What I noticed was the engine appears slightly smoother idle wise. I also noticed that when I pull the engine out of gear to coast, the engine doesn't "hop" or jerk the truck a little bit like it did before but it just smoothly decelerates/idles with the friction of the road/drive train slowing the truck down.. Also if I take my foot off the gas while in gear, it doesn't hop or jerk either anymore. My brother pointed out the same thing with his 3.4 after we did the treatments on his 96 4runner/5 speed a few monthes ago. The engine also doesn't seem as "moody." LIke there are times in certain places where you feel as though the truck has only 140 HP and then other times when it feels like it has 150 HP. The entire drive it felt solid throughout for what it is.

Last edited by CoedNaked; 10-20-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Awsume stuff man

Im going to do mine again shortly I have 1/3 can left but have to get my arse up to napa and get another can.