Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

injector/sensor connectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injector/sensor connectors

I find the injector connectors available at multiple places but haven't been able to find the ones that plug onto, for instance, the coolant temp sensor. The injector connectors have the key slot in the center but the others are offset from center. Can anyone point me to a source for them?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know that there is a source for them. Many of the factory connectors (like the ECU connector) were made my manufacturers such as AMP. They're available in bulk...

Best to source a hacked up harness and solder.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM

wish I could. Nearest dealer is 175 miles. nearest junkyard is 110 miles. I live wayyyy out.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by deserthound
wish I could. Nearest dealer is 175 miles. nearest junkyard is 110 miles. I live wayyyy out.
Most places will gladly ship your parts for free or for a small charge. The dealer can order any connector you want. They have electrical wiring repair kits available to the technicians that include connecotrs and wiring.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_schuster
Most places will gladly ship your parts for free or for a small charge. The dealer can order any connector you want. They have electrical wiring repair kits available to the technicians that include connecotrs and wiring.
What's this? Do you mean dealer as in dealership? Or salvage yard dealers?

I know in my area, you can call up salvage dealers and if they have parts, they will ship....for a fee, of course.

But, if you mean dealerships and the technicians there get repair kits, can they get them for the older models? I've had trouble in the past getting parts for my '86 and, in some cases, even my '92.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Yes, dealer as in toyota dealer. Called them. Said, "You need to come in and look at the parts catalogue", thank you. Considering Autozone gets $16 ea for the injector connector, I'm almost afraid to see what the dealership would charge. Autozone wants $5 ea for the little spring clip on the connector.
The injector connectors are called EV1, but I can't locate a part number to make sure I get the correct parts. The nearest yard won't cut them from the whole harness and they want $75 for the harness itself.
I'll keep checking the forums and ebay to see if I can come up with a couple.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My advice: buy a complete wiring harness for the year of your truck, should be under $50, you get a spare of everything...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by thook
What's this? Do you mean dealer as in dealership? Or salvage yard dealers?

I know in my area, you can call up salvage dealers and if they have parts, they will ship....for a fee, of course.

But, if you mean dealerships and the technicians there get repair kits, can they get them for the older models? I've had trouble in the past getting parts for my '86 and, in some cases, even my '92.

I was referring to the dealership, that is correct.

I stand corrected about dealer shipping, they most likely will charge a fee to ship. Sorry.

Where I live in NC, local salvageyards will not allow people to pull their own parts anymore. Most will not even talk to you about a connector on a wiring harness. That is why I suggested the dealership.

Yes the dealer has and can get any connector you need for any year model. They have complete "wiring harness repair kits" for their techs in the shop. It might not have what you need, but it can be ordered. Sometimes you get an inexperienced parts person who tells that they can't get one or you might get the guy who doesn't want to spend an hour looking for your $22 dollar connector. ( These guys are generally commisioned )

The technicians are not given repair kits as they cost hundreds of dollars. They are generally used in a warranty repair, if its out of warranty then it usually gets a zip tie.

Last edited by mr_schuster; 03-27-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:37 PM

If you are specifically looking just for injector connectors this is what I used to rewire mine on my 22re. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Ron
Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by netgodsrdn2
If you are specifically looking just for injector connectors this is what I used to rewire mine on my 22re. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Ron
Yes, those type are readily available. They have the key slot in the center of the connector. It's the same style connector with the key slot to the left and right of center that I need. The AAV uses one type, the Coolant temp sensor the other.