Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I'm so frickin mad

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm so frickin mad

Just had this sold out from under me...

What ticks me off so bad is how it happened. Guy lists it last night and I call. Too late in the evening to come by last night. Tells me he has church this morning and family dinner. He tells me to call around 12:30 or 1:00. I call his cell at 1:30 and leave him a message. Someone calls my house phone while I'm gassing up truck, waiting on call back for address and directions. Get home and get message that it's sold. Call guy's house back and he tells me he just sold it, that he'd had 4 calls since last night and some guy called and bumped the offer... so I guess he figured it wasn't worth giving me a chance to match. Geez, some people.

This is the second time this has happened in the last month. Another 88 scooped up on first day, only to be relisted for a grand more the next day with the guy claiming to be only owner.

Anything like this happened to anyone else???
Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Dammn man that blows

I had it almost happen to me when i was buying mine, but i kept calling and got it

Im sure youll find another one
Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 PM

You'll find another. I spent $600 and a mtn bike on a white one w/o an engine and in poor shape, only to find about a month later another white one for sale that I could have afforded if I hadn't bought the one I did. So I got it anyway and sold the one with no engine. Spent a little more money than I wanted to but I have what I want now. Besides, find an 85 with EFI and SFA.

I'd say off to the lounge for this one.

Last edited by hmmwv15; 06-08-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 PM

I've been buying and selling vehicles for about 8 years now. Some of them I've made some good money and some of them I let go for cost of car/parts if someone needs a break. It's kinda a hobby on the side. I ussually go after 4 cyl. fuel efficient vehicles. The good looking ones with under 200k kms I ussually make a bit of cash on. And the other ones I ussually go after are older japanese cars that don't look too pretty but have crazy low kms like under 100k kms, ussually 323's, corrola's, micra's. I call them original owner cars, ussually owned by senior citizens or people that strictly look at a car for transportation. Doesn't matter which car it is, I go over the whole thing and ussually drive it for a month or so to make sure it doesn't have any kinks.
I love doing it, buying and selling cars. It's my hobby money(hunting, snowboarding, golf) and it gives me the oppourtunity to help people out that are in a jam in a way that I specialize in. I ussually refresh around 6 cars a year, on average half for profit and half for people in a jam.

I honestly don't know how many cars I've looked at and how many times I've called or called back and the car is gone. It used to get to me, but over time I've realized that there are a ton of cars out there. Just cause you missed a sweet deal it isn't the end of the world, another one will come up. It's a fact man, just keep your eyes open. I ussually spend about an hour or 2 a week searching CL and local classified ads. You just gotta keep your eyes open. I've even bought vehicles with no for sale signs in peoples yards.

There's this toyota paseo sitting in front of some guys house up the street from me. Last summer I asked him about it and offered him $700 for it (it needed tires, brakes etc. but nothing major). The dumbass said that wasn't enough and said he was in the process of putting it up for sale and wanted more. That was a year ago, and it's still there in the exact same place. When I get some room I'm probably gonna go back and offer him a hundred.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at it as a blessing in disguise. I bought mine and was told it needed a radiator for $800 with an immaculately rust free body. Seemed like a good deal until I tinkered with it and found that it could use a radiator but really needed a headgasket and that the trans wasn't in the best condition. Within 3 weeks of me buying it I found 3 rust free 4Runners on my local CL that ran, one needed brakes, the rest of them were just decent vehicle with sky-high mileage. They cost a little more than mine did but if I had held off I could have had the cash to get one of them and I wouldn't be sitting here trying to put together a 5speed swap and a new engine. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck but I should have known better than to buy a vehicle with overheating problems and an auto trans. with a broken odometer with my lack of automotive expertise and area to work on a vehicle.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i want to buy a new toyota every day of the week..

i have 2 that i love and know whats up with them

the grass is always greener..

on a side note im going to start buying and fixing up 22re 4runners or trucks to sell because im pretty good at fixing them now and i like working on them..
Old 06-08-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've snagged vehicles from people when the seller promised to hold it for someone else. Cash in hand & being in the right place at the right time; that's life.