86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ignition set - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignition set - Help?

I have been buying my plugs, wires, cap & rotors from autozone and I am not happy with the performance. I have constant corrosion in the cap and the wires just seam like the never quite fit right. I have been told by several sources to use OEM only parts here. Can someone tell me the part numbers and brands?

I can find Denso plug wires and plugs. Not having success on the cap and rotor. And I really dont want to go to the local stealership and pay the $130 they quoted me for a cap & rotor!

Thank you in advance!

Oh LOL - 1994 3.0 4 Runner SR5
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Prices quoted from ToyotaPartsZone.com

DISTRIBUTOR CAP SUB-ASSY 19101-65040 $15.60

DISTRIBUTOR ROTOR SUB-ASSY 19102-70160 $8.80

Total = $24.40 + shipping
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 AM

Let's see, you don't want to pay for quality dealer parts that last, because they're too expensive, have you considered how much it costs to keep replacing cheap parts?
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Wireset same Vendor Mudhippy suggested, 90919-21528 $87.01
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pat8942
Let's see, you don't want to pay for quality dealer parts that last, because they're too expensive, have you considered how much it costs to keep replacing cheap parts?
Obviously if I had known that the Autozone parts were junk do you really think I would have purposefully blown money on them? I own an 80's ford truck that I put Autozon brand cap rotor wires ect. almost 7 years ago... And have never had any issues with them period. So I think the argument could be made that I am wasting my money on an over priced hard to service import to begin with. Furthermore had you ever set foot into the $#!T Hole Yakima Stealership you would have first hand knowledge of the fact that you don't want to by anything from them and I have 2 very good friends that work there needless to say. They stock absolutely nothing for the 3.0 and treat you like crap if you even mention it. So you can feel free to take your arrogant know it all attitude somewhere else. Ill bet dollars to doughnuts I can find you down at the local Walmart at least 2 times a week buying "Great Value" in lieu of spending a few extra bucks at Safeway across town on "Select" ground beef. Need I say more?

I asked a simple question that required a simple answer. I sincerely hope that when you need some input from the masses your not treated so sorely!

Last edited by Firestorm128d; 10-15-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:36 AM

If you only knew how wrong you are.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 AM

If you only knew how wrong you are.
Ok, your right... I was wrong in my previous statement. I looked back at my records. It was almost 9 years ago to the day that I did the ignition set on my Ranger. You must be a Democrat, you are all so very good a declaring others "facts" as "Wrong" but entirely fail at elaborating on exactly which "fact" that might be. So please by all means enlighten me!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 PM

If you must know, I'm not a cheap skate and I don't buy no name brand food, like everything else you get what you pay for.
So think what you want, It's not really important to me what you think of me, it won't change my life in any way.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM

It's not really important to me what you think of me, it won't change my life in any way.
And there you have it folks -

Treat people rudely, cruelly and thoughtlessly, it doesn't matter to him what anyone else feels, He "won't change his life in any way".

You must be wealthy, because you certainly talk like a - reality disconnected 1%'er - who gets to go around looking down on the rest of us, who have to actually choose between a box of diapers or a few gallons of petrol to get to work Monday morning. Man you are no better than anyone else, silver spoon or not. Get off your soap box! If I wanted help from a God I would have prayed for him to fix my $#!tty old Truck. Instead I opted to ask for advice from some humans. And what I found is a bunch of really smart, nice folks that were eager to help, And one middle aged jerk with a God complex, who can only build himself up buy judging others and making them feel small. I know the keyboard is good at making guys like you feel so powerful but trust me... I't don't last! Someday your going to have to face life eye to eye. Have fun with that!

But obviously I am just wasting my breath. After all, you have already declared that you "Wont Change". So go ahead, keep treating others like garbage. What goes around comes around Dude! But then I guess your avatar says it best - You can't tell a Jack Ass anything he don't already know!

Last edited by Firestorm128d; 10-16-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM

First post:

Telling phrase – “Lets see”

When an antagonist uses this type of preface to a sentence they are showing that they are “Thinking Out loud”. They are attempting to draw attention to their being smarter or smartest. The point is to make it look like the protagonist is the only one that is not intelligent enough to see how silly or dumb they themselves are. There is power in numbers and this tool is used to make the person feel completely alone as if everyone else has already sided with the antagonist.

Second Post:

Telling phrase – “If you only knew how wrong you are”

Extreme over compensation and even vaguely threatening, this shows that the antagonist has in fact been bothered by on offensive accusation. And again the antagonist is trying to project superiority. Usually this phrase is used by a habitual liar or manipulator, and is used when they are feeling trapped.

Third Post:

Telling Phrase – “If you must know”

Ohhhh... the drama! This time the user is showing how much work he has to go through to explain his position. Again this is a show of being put out by a pesky person asking a question that is far above their stature or level of understanding. Such a superior intellectual needn't be bothered by such trivial matters.

Telling Phrase – “It’s not really important”

I am so much better than you, that your opinions or feelings are completely irrelevant. This dismissive statement is often used when an antagonist has no other recourse but to hear what they don’t want to, it’s almost a purely self preparation. And is also asking the audience to dismiss “What ever the statement is” as well. Also shows that all discussion is closed, in the mind of the antagonist, he wants to move on from the situation quickly.

Telling Phrase – “Won’t change my life”

This one is really good -making a mole hill out of a mountain ”minimizing” if you will. “I am happy in my little world” noting you say is going to affect my happy place. This is a big betrayer however, because the user has just openly referenced their belief that life revolves around them.

From here the situation just goes south. If your partner uses these phrases often, beware. It's only a matter of time before his selfishness gets the better of him.

Special thanks to Cindy C. for allowing me to completely plagiarize her column.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 PM
RSR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mispost.

Last edited by RSR; 08-28-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM

wow, people take ˟˟˟˟ WAY too seriously on here.

keeping on topic, i've never really had any problems with parts store parts. most stores usually have a low line and a premium line. i don't go with the low line. i got a set of denso wires at my autozone for less than $40, put some ngk plugs, and i think i used duralast cap and rotor, may have been from napa though. my truck runs like a champ. in any case, i can't see how much better a factory cap and rotor could be better than a quality aftermarket part. if you have corrosion in the cap, it's most likely moisture thats getting in there that shouldn't be there. i'd guess a small crack in the cap. could be due to a cheap part, maybe it was dropped during shipping or installation, or maybe the screws were over torqued and it split the cap.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 AM

Stretch for those oem parts. it makes a world of difference. im selling my oem spark plug cables. pm me if you're interested