Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Help don't know why my suspension is horrible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help don't know why my suspension is horrible?

My suspension is horrible, it is not soft at all. I added a new 3" trailmaster leaf kit in the back(my leaf springs where sagging), and that helped very little. I bought new to specs and bolt to bolt length, Rancho 5000's. In the front my trailmaster shocks were shot and replaced them. I bought some used Bilstein(yellow/blue) off of ebay just to get by because I didn't want to buy new ones because I want to lift the front with some alum. spacers because I added the leafs in the back. Those Bil. helped a little, but my suspension still sucks.

Boys and girls, what should I get, I'm upset and desparate becuase I recently painted the truck and becuse of the bad suspension everything rattles and is loose now.

please help me or any suggestions I'm open too. A response will certainly be appreciated and have a good 4th. thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Crappy lift rides crappy.

Search. Whole stickies thread in this forum section how to properly lift your truck.

:wabbit2:
Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 PM
ZUK

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by lozanojalpa
My suspension is horrible, it is not soft at all. I added a new 3" trailmaster leaf kit in the back(my leaf springs where sagging), and that helped very little. I bought new to specs and bolt to bolt length, Rancho 5000's. In the front my trailmaster shocks were shot and replaced them. I bought some used Bilstein(yellow/blue) off of ebay just to get by because I didn't want to buy new ones because I want to lift the front with some alum. spacers because I added the leafs in the back. Those Bil. helped a little, but my suspension still sucks.

Boys and girls, what should I get, I'm upset and desparate becuase I recently painted the truck and becuse of the bad suspension everything rattles and is loose now.

please help me or any suggestions I'm open too. A response will certainly be appreciated and have a good 4th. thanks
Pics might help alot....everything that you did, if you could take pics and post them it would help us see what is possibly not right. When shooting under the truck, the flash works best. http://photobucket.com is a good place to put your pics and display them here.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You installed an add-a-leaf and expected a softer ride? Add-a-leafs increase the spring rate...opposite of what you're trying to achieve.