Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Hello from the Rock !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from the Rock !!

Well i've been here a little while now and haven't said hello so nows a good time. I'm a long time Toyota fan and have been going by the name Yotaholic for years on other forums. It's funny Yotatech just seems like home already Hope to learn from the wise and contribute what I can and glad to be here . CHeers !!

Latest project,, 90 4runner 22re 220k km's 5sp I picked up a Procomp4" stage 2 lift and over the past few weeks installed the lift did some body work and fitted the wheels and tires . 33x12.50x15 on Eagle 15x 10's 6.25 bs series ( cant remember right now) anyhow it all worked out great except for 1 lca bolt that just wouldnt give so I burned the sob out and that was that . I have considered tac welding the drop brakets to the frame so they dont get shifty . I'll see how it goes and do it later if need be .. SO thats it here my new $700.00 Bush BItch Its not a DD nor a rockcrawler its a Camp Taxi ,,yes I have a cabin 18kms over the meanest clusterFu#k of a road in Nlfd. Rocks, mud , a beaver damn , a brook , a bigger brook with a nice camel back driveline twister and another 5kms of tress and washouts . Its a great trip in the woods

the day I picked it up

some fun with the lca

o.k. lift done time for the bodywork

lift complete bodywork complete, time for some Rockguard ,, and lots of it

yup movin right along I add some paint to the mix ..Flat Black

Well thats what going on around here hope you enjoyed the trip in the Toybox ( 7 yr daughters name for the garage LOL )

Last edited by Yotaholic; 02-26-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How you like that lift?? did mine the same lift and after 4 months the rear springs gave out and had some bottoming out issues on the street had to get some custom sprins made so watch out for them. Also got a better pic of how the wheels hang out on that thing 6 1/2 seems a bit much just wondering. Anyway looks good sounds like a great place to trip up into to break it in New finland sounds great. I also think you should loose the cheap rock sliders before they get tore off and mess up your truck and get some real ones that will function for you on there. I do have to admit I am diggin the flat black got some better pic of it in better lighting??
Old 02-26-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
6.25BS....holy ...that would make them tires get sucked up under the truck...they wouldnt stick out at all...are you sure u measured that right...looks more like 3.75BS to me..
Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by olharleyman
How you like that lift?? did mine the same lift and after 4 months the rear springs gave out and had some bottoming out issues on the street had to get some custom sprins made so watch out for them. Also got a better pic of how the wheels hang out on that thing 6 1/2 seems a bit much just wondering. Anyway looks good sounds like a great place to trip up into to break it in New finland sounds great. I also think you should loose the cheap rock sliders before they get tore off and mess up your truck and get some real ones that will function for you on there. I do have to admit I am diggin the flat black got some better pic of it in better lighting??
Hey thanks for the heads up on the springs . Did you use the bump stop extensions ? The cheapo noodles are rejects that came in damaged ( acc. store) so I welded them onto 3 brackets in hopes they might stay straight for a trip or 2 . The wife and little girl can;t get in it without some help so until I get around to it that will have to do.. Besides dents earn points around here

Sorry no pics yet , I just finished painting it 2 hrs ago LOL!!

Last edited by Yotaholic; 02-26-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
6.25BS....holy ...that would make them tires get sucked up under the truck...they wouldnt stick out at all...are you sure u measured that right...looks more like 3.75BS to me..
Your quick !! oopps 3.625bs
Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

air those daytons down to 12psi on the trail and you will be unstoppable! nice set up and paint!

lee
(grt, grt, grt grandma was a newfie!)
Old 02-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by leebee
air those daytons down to 12psi on the trail and you will be unstoppable! nice set up and paint!

lee
(grt, grt, grt grandma was a newfie!)
Yeah the tires are actually 3 yrs old I had them on my last woods truck . 12psi was about what I ran but they were 7" wheels , Im concerned about knocking them off the bead or pounding the wheel at that low pressure with the 10's . I'll find out soon enough I guess LOL

Newfie grandma FTW

Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by olharleyman
I do have to admit I am diggin the flat black got some better pic of it in better lighting??

Here ya go , not great pics but you get some idea . Now I can't wait to get it dirty

Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 AM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Was that bumber already painted black or did you paint it, I couldnt really tell from the garage pictures.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:31 AM

Dude that first pic it looks just like mine when i started same wheels too lol,
I just baught another set and put on 27" and Started a chop and bob last night.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota
Was that bumber already painted black or did you paint it, I couldnt really tell from the garage pictures.

Yes it was gloss black but with rust spots all over it . I like the flat black no rust look much better

Run4her... They are nice wheels and a very good price . Got any pics of your ride, it sounds wild ? Good luck with the project !!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 PM

Ya I started a thread but I will be posting pics Later
Old 02-27-2008, 02:15 PM

Sweet, nice to see another Atlantic Canadian around! Nice rig for the woods for sure!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JasonWin
Sweet, nice to see another Atlantic Canadian around! Nice rig for the woods for sure!
Hey PEI right on !! Thanks and if you ever come over shoot me a pm we can hook up for a trip to the camp . Bring parts
Old 02-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Hey nice rig. Where in NL are ya -- what coast? I am currently living in NB, but moving to NS in a couple of months. I travel to NL quite frequently on business though....

If you are in St. Johns, have you ever seen the huge blue jeep cherokee on 40" TSL's, it has a full exo roll cage and it looks pretty cool (well for a jeep).
Old 02-27-2008, 02:35 PM

I will, but the ferry ain't cheap, so probally not gonna happen anytime soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:14 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Originally Posted by Yotaholic
Here ya go , not great pics but you get some idea . Now I can't wait to get it dirty

love the look on this thing man, how did you do the grill and all that, I would like to call you and speak with you because I would like to do the same thing on my truck. I would like to know what kind of paint, technique and so fourth. Let me know if you could chat for about 20-30 minutes so I could get the same results.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:59 PM

Thanks guys i'm on the west coast where the mountains are

The paint process is a normal bc/cc job minus the cc LOL So this time I used Plus1 Rockguard with undercoat spray gun . The paint was Nason (dupont) base coat code 668 BMW JetBlack 441-21 reducer and 483-30 activator mix at 8-2-1 . I used a Protec hvlp gun set at whatever felt right . 2 inline water seperators and let her have it . Oh sorry I also used 442-23 nason Sealer as a primer , my ride was red so that works as a valueshade and covers very well. Hope it helps and if not pm me
Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
BAZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truck looks great dude, love the color. Is that herculiner or something on the rockers and then flat black up top?

Also, I need to hear/see more about the Supra in your signature. Sounds dope!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:09 PM

how do you like the dayton timberline tires i love the tread pattern.do they do well.

Quick Reply: Hello from the Rock !!