Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

great day working with deathcougar+question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great day working with deathcougar+question

had a great morning working with deathcougar on my runner. Got to say he knows his stuff x100 and a cool guy too! The Boyle high power alternator is in now, works fantastic, no dimming of lights anymore, and feels good to have it in! Must take a pic, I will add it to this post soon.
kudos again to deathcougar and nix99- a very professional operation!

My question is that after some diagnostics today I now know that I need to refresh my front steering linkages, and I am looking at the tune of $350+ for parts alone! I am wondering who the current best online vendor is for 2nd gen parts, I need a new idler arm, pitman arm, and inner and outer tie rods. So far I have only tried 1sttoyotaparts.com and the price works out to about $350. Coming so soon after a new marlin clutch I'm trying to save some coin on parts if possible! any info very appreciated!

Oh yeah, I have a 2nd gen alternator for sale, if anyone with a 1991 or earlier 4runner wants to do the Boyle Alternator upgrade, I can send this alternator right to their doorstep for you, I will charge what I paid so $40 plus shipping...I will enclose your info so that Boyle will call you once they have finished the rebuild of the high power alternator and you can arrange payment with them for their work. So- you will end up receiving a cleaned and rebuilt alternator (all innards are pulled and only new materials put in), with no downtime!
This is what I did and it worked out great. PM me if interested, it will work out to way less than a mean green when all is said and done, and the Boyle's one is just as good if not better.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, don't buy the e-Bay kit from arm_can. Although it's an incredible deal, the parts are new & the shipping is fast, they are inferior quality compared to even AutoZone duralast parts. You might try http://www.trdparts4u.com/; they have good prices & shipping is ok......there is apparently a discount for YT members (I've bought from them a few times & never saw a discount but there is rumored to be one)