YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

ECU Pinout Diagram for 1988 3VZ-E

Does anyone have a ECU diagram for a 1988 3vz-e 4runner? I have the 1988 Service Manual downloaded, but it is not in there. It's not in the Haynes either. Any ideas where I can find it? Apparently it is a legend. Mine is a 10/18/24 pin. I have looked through all of the manuals in the years around the 1988 and any cars that offered the 3VZ. I also google'd the heck out of it. No luck.....at all. I did however find a bunch of people looking for it. I just want the diagram of the plug, so I can do some backward testing. My engine won't start.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Last edited by Challenga; 07-17-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Challenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #2

Are you sure it's not there? There's a full pin diagram in the 90-95 manual.
krytellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #3

Don't know if this will help you out or not but here you go: http://www.yotatech.com/f116/3vze-ecu-pinout-88640/

Build Thread
BMW Thread

87 P/U 4X 5sp Weber Downey Hdr 2.25 Exh EB 268

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 07-18-2010 at 06:46 AM.
xxxtreme22r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #4

What I was hoping to find is a terminal layout like the one attached. Then I could just go through the terminal at the ECM and test back each wire. I'm having some issues. I did find a manual that has the map of the colors for each wire going in to the ECU, but was hoping to find a diagram like the one attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pages from Engine EWD.pdf (42.4 KB, 504 views)
Challenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenga View Post
I did find a manual that has the map of the colors for each wire going in to the ECU...

Where'd you come across that?(I've got an 88 3VZE too.)

Edit: Found it! Nevermind. I didn't look too close at the thread mentioned earlier(post #3).
We're sorry, theYOTATECH member you have reached is temporarily out of order or is no longer in service. Please feel free to ask our many other highly informed members about your problem. Or try using the search feature to find the appropriate information by yourself, and solve the issue on your own. Thank you for choosingYOTATECH. Good bye.

I'm Cuckoo For YOTA Trucks!

Last edited by MudHippy; 08-12-2010 at 02:54 PM.
MudHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenga View Post
Does anyone have a ECU diagram for a 1988 3vz-e 4runner? I have the 1988 Service Manual downloaded, but it is not in there. It's not in the Haynes either. Any ideas where I can find it? Apparently it is a legend. Mine is a 10/18/24 pin. I have looked through all of the manuals in the years around the 1988 and any cars that offered the 3VZ. I also google'd the heck out of it. No luck.....at all. I did however find a bunch of people looking for it.
EUREKA!!!

I have a super-human ability to find the internet gold nuggets. If it exists...I can find it. It was in an old thread here, of course. Not gonna say which one. Yall can find it on your own.

Viola!
Click the image to open in full size.
The other tidbit from that thread.
Click the image to open in full size.
keywords: 1988, 88, 4Runner, pickup, truck, 3vze, 3vz-e, 3vz, 3.0, 3.0L, V6, ECU, ECM, computer, 10/18/24 pin, pinout, diagram, pic, factory service manual, fsm, EFI
We're sorry, theYOTATECH member you have reached is temporarily out of order or is no longer in service. Please feel free to ask our many other highly informed members about your problem. Or try using the search feature to find the appropriate information by yourself, and solve the issue on your own. Thank you for choosingYOTATECH. Good bye.

I'm Cuckoo For YOTA Trucks!

Last edited by MudHippy; 08-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.
MudHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
Xeo

Send a message via MSN to Xeo
Don't mean to thread jack, but i have two 3vze ECU's sitting at home one says 3vze 4x4 A/T while the other just says 3vze 4x4 and thats it. Would the second ECU be for a manual truck? or will i never know? Reason im asking is because i intend to do a manual tranny swap for my 4runner and wanted to know if that ECU is for a manual truck. Thanks!
MODS: 3" HD Trail gear SAS kit (HD leaf removed :p), TG Triple Hole Perches, Rear 63" Chevy HD leaf swap, SKYSOFFROAD Rear Drop Shackle Kit, HD Bumper, SCB Cold Air Intake, AFM leaned out 2 clicks, 5 Speed Swapped, Aisin Locking Hubs for the SA, Power Antenna lol,
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1988, 3v, 3vz, 3vze, 4runner, 88, diagram, drigram, ecm, ecu, engine, location, pinout, plug, toyota, wiring