Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Driver Side Kick Panel Fuses -- 90 Short Bed Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver Side Kick Panel Fuses -- 90 Short Bed Deluxe

Hey gang,

This is a simple question re: the diagram for a fuse box in a 1990 pickup -- my only confusion comes from the previous owner having done some wonky work with a lot of this car and has installed all different values.

Here are two photos of the driver side kick panel fuses. I can't tell what orientation the diagram is keyed to since all the installed fuses are mixed up.

1. DIAGRAM
2. FUSE BOX

Side question: is there any reason it would be best to keep these values, e.g. if there is a history of these cars pulling more amps than they're listed?

Regards -
Old 11-01-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
It looks like you have a generic label for a fuse box with options you don't have. Here's the manual page:
http://web.archive.org/web/201204170.../2powersou.pdf

Originally Posted by wonderhat
...: is there any reason it would be best to keep these values, e.g. if there is a history of these cars pulling more amps than they're listed? ...
Sure, if you like to chat with firemen. (Seriously, if you heard that a certain truck kept blowing a certain fuse, would you just stick in a bigger fuse???)

If you're worried that your truck has been modified so that a circuit is trying to support more current than the wiring can handle, you can save yourself some fuses with a gadget like this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/30-amp-...ter-67724.html

You really should use your multimeter for that task, but the average multimeter won't read over 10 amps and this is an inexpensive (and low resolution) way to get up to 30amps.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Perfect. Thanks for that documentation and tester recommend, scope103.

Yep, I don't have a concrete reason to suspect modification but there's a lot of details about the way the previous owner did things that are keeping me on my toes, hence the dumb Q. Using all incorrect values for fuses is something that seems stupidly easy to not do, as well, so that's just one of those things.

Thanks again, cheers.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:37 AM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by wonderhat
.... Using all incorrect values for fuses is something that seems stupidly easy to not do, as well, ...
Nah, he just used the fuses he had at the time. Probably planned all along to get the correct ones, but then he found a chump connoisseur to sell it to.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 PM

Clearly.