YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Can't Find A Single Wire 02 Sensor Extension

I have a 1987 5 speed toyota pickup 4wd 2.4l fuel injection. I have already purchased a pacesetter header and the complete cat back exhaust. I am sure everyone knows the o2 sensor bung is located back by the cat. I plan on taking the exhaust and getting the bung welded closer, but I still need to find the 02 sensor extension. I have found all diffrent types of extensions but nothing yet for my application. I would greatly appreciate any advice or hopfully just where I can buy the extension. Thank you
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
fairfaxlineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

You won't find an extension for a single wire. I called Pacestter when it was my concern they said "cut it to make you own extension." Good luck with Pacesetter.

Welcome to YT.

Never thought I'd swap out M/T for A/T but it happens.
muddpigg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
This one time, at band camp
Personal Sales Rating: (21)
Staff

Send a message via AIM to DeathCougar Send a message via Yahoo to DeathCougar
LC engineering does the same thing, and they only include two butt connectors and a section of wire. Not very "high tech"

I wish they would have designed a bung into the header itself, when they move a single wire 02 sensor down by the cat, it doesn't get hot enough and you will throw codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluePile View Post
Hmmm, dunno. Ask the oem Nazi DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyobrown View Post
I'll cut you.
DeathCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Threadstarter [OP]

Thank you for the answers, I plan on having a welder move the bung onto the extension pipe just outside of the header. One more question what guage wire and should I splice in the 02 sensor wire or the harness wire? Is the pacesetter bung to deep for the stock 02 sensor or is it ok?
fairfaxlineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #5

You'd probably want to use the same gauge wire as the O2 sensor, whatever it is.

Splice into the O2 sensor wire since it is a replaceable part.

Last edited by 85TurboRunner; 12-28-2008 at 03:02 PM.
85TurboRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfaxlineman View Post
Thank you for the answers, I plan on having a welder move the bung onto the extension pipe just outside of the header. One more question what guage wire and should I splice in the 02 sensor wire or the harness wire? Is the pacesetter bung to deep for the stock 02 sensor or is it ok?
Any gauge wire will work fine. I'd use 18g because that's what I've got kicking around. Just be sure that your connections are watertight. Either solder and heat shrink, or crimp and seal with a spot of silicone sealant. Also, tie up the wire so that it doesn't touch anything hot, and so that there's a bit of slack near the sensor, because when the engine rocks back and forth, you don't want the wire to get pulled on.

If you move the bung, be sure to put it where you'll see exhaust from all 4 cylinders, otherwise you won't get a good average reading.

84 toy pickup
mostly stock
86tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #7

And if you have issues with the O2 not getting warm enough, see if the autoparts store can cross reference to a 3-wire heated O2 then wire the heater wires to something that turns on when the engine's running... fuel pump comes to mind.

abecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #8
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfaxlineman View Post

Before you pay to have any work or you try to paint it test the fitment. You'll need to remove the paint it comes with before you use hi-temp paint.

Never thought I'd swap out M/T for A/T but it happens.
muddpigg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
02, 1987, 22r, bung, extender, extension, harness, huy, o2, oxygen, pickup, sensor, single, toyota, wire