YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

both lowbeam headlights go out? try this first.

hi everyone, just posting this to help anyone who may come across this same problem.

i had both my lowbeams go out at the same time, and thanks to this forum, i figured out the problem. it wasn't nearly as complicated as i thought it must be - (wiring, headlight switch, etc) it was, simply, that both beams burnt out at the same time.

first my heater control panel light went out, and a few days later BOTH my low beams went out at the same time... i had to drive home with high beams and noticed the high beam dash indicator didn't work either...

of course i figured it must be a wiring issue, since it would be odd for two headlights to go out at the same time, but that wasn't the case.

after searching this site and reading this thread in particular (thanks guys)
http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.p...light+low+beam i thought i'd try replacing both lamps - and sure enough, that fixed it.

sounds like the low beam healight circuit is so frail that if something like the heater control panel lights goes, it's a chain reaction.

anyway, i managed to replace both headlights without removing the bumper or grille as my haynes manual says to do.
just pop off the top grill pegs and the corner lights to give you some play, then take out the top 2 screws for the headlight mounting bracket and pull the bracket down enough to pop out the lamps. it takes a bit of careful fanagling, but at least your not taking off the fender and grille. could save you lots of time and hassle.

huge thanks to this forum and all you guys posting, you just helped me out big-time! cheers!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
NoQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #2

You need to throw that Haynes manual in the nearest ditch and get a real FSM!
Bigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

haha, yeah, no doubt, the haynes is useles...

it was kinda helpful in a way though... if it was thorough enough to tell me how to get the friggin front bumper off, i would have gone to all that unecessary trouble!
NoQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1966, 2002, 4runner, beam, common, head, headlight, headlights, lights, limited, llowbeam, low, mustang, out, time, toyota