Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Bleed Gas to motor...3vze

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bleed Gas to motor...3vze

Just got done working on the truck and trying to get the truck to start after replaceing the knock sensor. Is their a way to bleed gas back into the motor? since we took it all apart...

So how can I bleed gas into the motor after taking off the intake to replace the knock sensor.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:03 PM

dont know maybe spray some starting fluid in the TB......
Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
its a fuel injected motor, so if theres no gas getting to the motor, wither the fuel pump is shot or the wiring is messed up... the fuel pump should run for a couple seconds before the truck starts to prime the injectors...
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
agree. you must have a problem somewhere otherwise it would self prime & start.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jump the B+ and FP terminals in the check connector and then turn the key to the "on" position (but don't start). You should hear the pump running and fuel moving in the fuel pressure regulator and hoses under the hood.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 AM

you shouldn't have to bleed it at all. Just start it!

With my past experiences (running out of gas!) it takes a little bit for it to get started so be patient. Don't worry if it doesn't start when its first turned over.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 AM

Ive tried cranking it a bunch of times and it trys to turn over. The batterys not dead. How long should I try cranking it for?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
2-3 seconds unless you want to burn up your starter...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 PM

no fuel pressure

i just did head gaskets,water pump, timming belt, throttle body cleaning, and now i have no fuel pressure? it will run of starter fluid directly can anyone help? it is a 3vz
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM

"i just did head gaskets,water pump, timming belt, throttle body cleaning, and now i have no fuel pressure? it will run of starter fluid directly can anyone help? it is a 3vz"

Sometimes the fuel pump fires off as soon as you turn the ignition switch to the position that lights up all the idiot lights on the dash but I am not sure about the yota. If, so then just cycle the ignition switch a few times to build up to the proper psi. I'm not sure but I am just going to go ahead and assume that stepping on the gas peddle to prime it, is not going to do anything. The computer controls the action here. So here is what I would do on my rig.

First, I would have the fire department and paramedics standing by.
Next, I would don a full nomex suit.
I would then grab a 12mm wrench with my nomex gloves and crack this baby open.

Try not to round the corners as I have.
I would not take out the bolt, just loosen it.
Then I would either cycle the ignition switch until the dangerous fluid leaks out. Or I would crank the engine until dangerous fluid leaks out. If I was lucky enough to have big old mean nasty fluid come out AND I have not started an engine fire yet, then I just wrench that baby shut.
Next, you have a HAZMAT team come out and clean up your mess.
Then I would stage that mechanical arm thing from Iron Man over the engine with a fire extinguisher as I spray some even meaner and more dangerous ether in the intake and begin cranking the starter. It will start. Hopefully, it will only take a few seconds for the fuel line to build PSI and take over. But unless you have that thing from Iron Man at your disposal, I strongly recommend against this reckless behavior.

Last edited by jackwolf; 06-26-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:15 PM

Check your fuses..if none are blown, then in the diagnostic box under the hood, jump the terminals Fp and b+, run back to the fuel tank and see if the fuel pump is running (dont leave this for long, this bypasses the fuse)...if it is, then you have a problem elsewhere. If it doesnt, then you either have an open in the wiring or the pump is bad
Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jackwolf
"i just did head gaskets,water pump, timming belt, throttle body cleaning, and now i have no fuel pressure? it will run of starter fluid directly can anyone help? it is a 3vz"

Sometimes the fuel pump fires off as soon as you turn the ignition switch to the position that lights up all the idiot lights on the dash but I am not sure about the yota. If, so then just cycle the ignition switch a few times to build up to the proper psi. I'm not sure but I am just going to go ahead and assume that stepping on the gas peddle to prime it, is not going to do anything. The computer controls the action here. So here is what I would do on my rig.

First, I would have the fire department and paramedics standing by.
Next, I would don a full nomex suit.
I would then grab a 12mm wrench with my nomex gloves and crack this baby open.

Try not to round the corners as I have.
I would not take out the bolt, just loosen it.
Then I would either cycle the ignition switch until the dangerous fluid leaks out. Or I would crank the engine until dangerous fluid leaks out. If I was lucky enough to have big old mean nasty fluid come out AND I have not started an engine fire yet, then I just wrench that baby shut.
Next, you have a HAZMAT team come out and clean up your mess.
Then I would stage that mechanical arm thing from Iron Man over the engine with a fire extinguisher as I spray some even meaner and more dangerous ether in the intake and begin cracking the starter. It will start. Hopefully, it will only take a few seconds for the fuel line to build PSI and take over. But unless you have that thing from Iron Man at your disposal, I strongly recommend against this reckless behavior.

Now that's funny!
Old 12-29-2023, 04:52 PM

Need more info on this

Originally Posted by bugs1961
Jump the B+ and FP terminals in the check connector and then turn the key to the "on" position (but don't start). You should hear the pump running and fuel moving in the fuel pressure regulator and hoses under the hood.
how long should you do this? did it for about 5- 10 seconds it ended up flooding every cylinder with fuel and hydrolocked the engine bout burned the truck down clearing the cylinders…
Old 12-30-2023, 08:48 AM

Received 820 Likes on 648 Posts
Welcome to YotaTech.

I'm guessing a bad injector (stuck open).

When the engine isn't running (no igf signal from distributor) the injectors should remain closed. So even thought the fuel rail is pressurized, no fuel will enter the intake manifold (or cylinders). You should be able to run the fuel pump until the battery dies (a long time) without flooding anything.
The following users liked this post:
millball (12-30-2023)