86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blazeland long travle.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blazeland long travle.

Anyone got a blazeland on there yota? I'm looking to get one this spring. Post them picks.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Just use search function. Owner has down many post with loads of pics and technical info.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
from what i hear its the bees knees affordable long travel. from looking at the kit the only weakness i can see is the upper extention bracket, not the bracket itself but where it clamps to the control arm, i could see it bending on hard use but that doesnt seem to be the case with all of the ones out there. everyone talks crap about nates kit but its been around a while now and i havent heard any horror stories.

Last edited by blake.nemitz; 02-15-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In the beginning I thought the UCA might be a weak point as well. It has not been the case. Years of use, the number of kits out there, testing, abuse, etc., I'm not all that concerned. I wouldn't advise using UCAs modified for BJ Spacers. Other than that, enjoy.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:19 PM

If you think about, it the weight of the truck is carried by lower control arm. A hard bottom out hit should be the only way to stress the upper control arm.
What about using a bump stop shock?
I'm trying to pony up the bucks to test nates kit first hand.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:23 AM

Received 346 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by donomite49
If you think about, it the weight of the truck is carried by lower control arm. A hard bottom out hit should be the only way to stress the upper control arm.
What about using a bump stop shock?
I'm trying to pony up the bucks to test nates kit first hand.
Quite the opposite, in fact. The torsion bar is connected to the upper control arm. The lower control arm sees the most load when bottomed out since that's what the lower bumpstop contacts.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:28 AM

You are right, been a while since I've been under my truck. Upper arm contacts stop only on droop.

I am going coilover so I guess I was thinking only of my setup.
Coilovers, limit straps and bump stops.
I think nate has tested his kit, jumping and desert duty with a v8.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bump stops acts on LCAs when bottoming out (at this point torsion bars are relieved from duty) Droop stops act on UCA when suspension is unweighted (T-bars unloaded and relieved from duty) These two positions of suspension cycle if set up correctly should mean the T-bars are not at risk of damage. However if T-bars are maxed out on pre-loading via the torsion bar adjusting bolt they could twist to failure due to over torque load or metal fatigue. But, failure is more likely to happen at the front T-bar splines where the "Torque Arm" connecting the T-bar to the UCA spits and splines strip or spin. At the rear end of the Torsion Bar the "Anchor Arm" assembly can fail. The adjusting bolt can be pulled through the frame attachment (the ball pulled through the socket) Either of these cases are lessened by the amount of pre-load applied to the torsion bar spring.

Don't be dissuaded from Torsion Bars thinking the performance or ride quality is inferior. A spring is a spring and weather it be leaf, coil, or torsional springs, they all have pros and cons. I've broken more leaf springs than T-bars. A leaf in negative arch. A coil in coil bind. If its set up wrong or abused they are all gonna have issues.

I find it amusing when people say things like this "I'm trying to pony up the bucks to test nates kit first hand" No offense but what are you going to do to test it that a hundred people over the last 7-8 years have done? What will you do beyond a grad student from University of Colorado did in his evaluation. What will you do beyond my own field testing on dozens of pre-running trips on various race courses and dozens of more recreational trips to local deserts / trails?

If there is someone with a fully built rig with tech inspection approval from Score or some other race affiliation I'd sponsor a kit for race world testing. As for me, I cannot afford building or supporting a race rig. The Long Arms for a built race rig represents about 2% of the budget.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:10 PM

No offense nate, test=enjoy in my case.
I believe your kit is the the most bang for the buck and your product support is outstanding from what I've seen on this forum.
Thanks for sharing the knowledge and experience.
Will be in touch when I can spend some money, already have a T100 rear end and lsd waiting to go.

Quick Reply: Blazeland long travle.