86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bilstein price

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bilstein price

Does anyone know where you can get a better price than $61.25 each for Bilstein B46-1468 & B46-1469 shocks (front & rear - set of four)

That's $245 for a set of four shipped.

That's the absolute cheapest price I can find anywhere for my 95 4Runner. I would just buy the two front shocks since those are what I need a.s.a.p. but for the price I'm thinking I may as well get the whole set....unless someone knows of a place that I can get the front two (B46-1468) shipped to my door for less than $61.25 each.

If you know of anywhere I can get them individually, cheaper than that price please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any info folks
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
That's about the best you're gonna find. I paid $68 each FIVE YEARS ago...
Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM

You might want to check out performance products (www.performanceproducts.com - I think) - they sometimes run specials on Bilstein shocks. Maybe 10% off if you purchase 4.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Brenjen
Does anyone know where you can get a better price than $61.25 each for Bilstein B46-1468 & B46-1469 shocks (front & rear - set of four)

That's the absolute cheapest price I can find anywhere for my 95 4Runner. I would just buy the two front shocks since those are what I need a.s.a.p. but for the price I'm thinking I may as well get the whole set....unless someone knows of a place that I can get the front two (B46-1468) shipped to my door for less than $61.25 each.

If you know of anywhere I can get them individually, cheaper than that price please let me know.

I bought the same numbers you have for $59.99 each at Autozone.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Autozone? I was told they didn't carry them/couldn't get them. I need to inquire a little deeper if they can get them that'd be excellent!

Edit: JEBSR5 - You are the man. I called Autozone AGAIN & asked the monkey on the other end to let me talk to the manager & he confirmed they can order them! I was told after 15 minutes on the phone with them the other day (on hold 8 out of the 10 minutes actually) that they could not.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Brenjen; 03-22-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM

Autozone? I was told they didn't carry them/couldn't get them. I need to inquire a little deeper if they can get them that'd be excellent!
I got the prices online at autozone.com

Last edited by JEBSR5; 03-23-2007 at 08:43 AM. Reason: hands slower than brain defense
Old 03-22-2007, 01:05 PM

I've heard the bilsteins can be stiff but this has mostly come from pickup owners. Are they better valved for 4runners? Specifically 1st gen 4runners.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM

I don't know, this will be my first time to try this brand. I figured since everything I've read on here has been toward the "they are stiff" side. They should be good in a heavy vehicle like the 4Runner.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:07 PM

They are "firm" on my pickup, but not overly firm, and these shocks shine when you have a load in the bed. They work wonders with the springs to keep the load stabilized and under control when cornerning and driving. Body roll is severely reduced as well as the highway ride is improved. Basically, they make your truck a little more sporty, but they are also great offroad for keeping your tires planted to the ground.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Compressed
I've heard the bilsteins can be stiff but this has mostly come from pickup owners. Are they better valved for 4runners? Specifically 1st gen 4runners.
They are a little stiff, but not bad. Handles a whole lot better.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 PM

That's the price I paid for them on ebay a couple days ago. But I got free shipping with it. So, not a bad deal, overall!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:24 AM

Yeah that's where I found the deal as well. Two suppliers on there, one is $249 free shipping & the other is $245 free shipping. Both suppliers seem fairly dependable from their feedback.

I'm just going to do the Autozone route myself. That way I can pick up the two front shocks tomorrow & for the same price as the cheapest Ebay four pack without the shipping wait. I also get the added benefit of a brick & mortar store to take any faulty product back to.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:46 AM

Yeah that's where I found the deal as well. Two suppliers on there, one is $249 free shipping & the other is $245 free shipping. Both suppliers seem fairly dependable from their feedback.

I'm just going to do the Autozone route myself. That way I can pick up the two front shocks tomorrow & for the same price as the cheapest Ebay four pack without the shipping wait. I also get the added benefit of a brick & mortar store to take any faulty product back to.
lol!! Good point, mine should be here today. I'll let you know how they turn out. I've done quite a few transaction via Ebay....I'm not too worried
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM

Putting good shocks on also makes you realize the weakness of the rear coils also. Thinking about the NAPA progressive replacements, but haven't comitted yet. Still researching as I only use it for transportation.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM

I'm going to replace the rear coils with an after market spring set eventually & I'll add in some Bilsteins back there at the same time. (it looks like it'll be a p.i.t.a. to get to the top nut on the shocks)

I just have to repair whats bad with upgraded parts right now & then upgrade the rest to match when I have the $$$$.$$
Old 03-23-2007, 10:03 AM

I'm going to replace the rear coils with an after market spring set eventually & I'll add in some Bilsteins back there at the same time. (it looks like it'll be a p.i.t.a. to get to the top nut on the shocks)

I just have to repair whats bad with upgraded parts right now & then upgrade the rest to match when I have the $$$$.$$
Don't remember having much problems with top bolt in rear. Did have to spread front bottom apart a little.

What have you considered for rear coil replacements, trying to research some myself? I would like level or just a little over level.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 AM

Still haven't made up my mind yet, looking at all the options. I'm considering everything from having the current springs re-expanded at a spring company not to far away or replacement with anything from Downey or OME to NAPA or Autozone....or even a junkyard set.

As of right now the rear shocks are still holding & the sag isn't too bad. It sags less than some 95's I've seen & I have a lot of other stuff up front to repair first. After I replace the rotors, pads, tie rods, ball joints, inspect & grease the guts of the steering spindle; I'll tackle the back.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:08 PM

Got the Bilsteins on today, they seem like a really top shelf shock. I'll be using them on other vehicles if they hold up well on this 4Runner, I don't feel they're too stiff at all, they feel just right to me. Maybe after I do the back it'll feel stiffer than it does now.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:08 PM

They do make a difference.

Quick Reply: Bilstein price