i just dropped in a rebuilt motor in my 94 runner 3.0.... got it started on the first try but the idle was very high.... went to make some adjustments and now every time i crank the engine it doesnt turn over... suddenly the ground wire from the negative battery terminal started to burn out.. luckily i had new terminal wire laying around. hooked the new battery cable up and same thing happened to that one, burn out. did i overlook something? any help is appreciated.
when u are saying it burned out what size wire are u using? did u get all the grounds put back on when u installed the motor, one on the back firewall to motor and one on driver side fender to heads, and the ground from battery to fender wall and frame.