Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Bad door locks 2nd gen runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad door locks 2nd gen runner

So guys once again I need help on my yota.. I finally got it goin again swapped in another 3.0 making it number 7 to be swapped In it but hay it was quicker thank doin the sbc350 was I was doin to it.
Anyways I swapped in a 3oh with some headers and a efan now my prob is my battery is draining fast like over night or at least 7 hours I guessamate I'll fire it up let it set and a few hours later it will be dead just clicks.
The only thing that I noticed was the door locks would just lock and unlock all by them self and it would do that cycle for 30sec and then stop and then about an half an hour later it would do it all over again?
Is the module bad? Or would it be a bad Stwich on the driver door? Or could it be a broken wire on the door wire harness had broken over the years of opening and closing the door? And the 4Runner is a 94 4Runner sr5 Manual 4x4 power windows power locks.
I would really like a helping hand oointing me into the right direction thanks in advance guys
Old 02-03-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Is there any alarm or parts of one on your vehicle?? I lean more in this direction.

A loose connection once the vehicle is parked should not be moving unless it is outside in high winds.

It could be one of the things you mentioned or all of them

Some trouble shooting is in order.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:55 AM

No alarm what so ever my dad is the original owner and there was no alarm whatsoever but if I replace the door lock/power module and it continues where would I start then?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:16 AM
RJR

Received 109 Likes on 81 Posts
Best I can do is point you to this wiring diagram. It's a complicated little system, so I wish you the best.

http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-b.../8powerdoo.pdf
Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 PM

It might be any of the things you mentioned. You should take a look at the switch. Pull it apart if you can, get some contact cleaner in there. Go to an auto recycler and get another door lock control module. Swap that in and see if it makes a difference. If the switch and the module check out, then it's probably time to look at the wiring.

Sometimes with a problem you get a quick, lucky solution. Other times it takes a bit more work. Wiring always seems to take a bit more work.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:12 PM

So from what I read on the wiring diagram the door locks and the windows are all on the same Maduel but my windows work fine I'll run down the the store buy some contact cleaner and some die electric grease and see if that helps if not I'll try to grab a door Stwich at work ( I work a a pick and pull) and a module thanks guys