Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Atten all 2 gen truck owners, Want a Bedrug? please help in getting one made..

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atten all 2 gen truck owners, Want a Bedrug? please help in getting one made..

It frustrates me to no end that the company Bedrug makes these incredible bed liners ( see bedrug.com) but will not make them for our 1984-1988 beds. They make them for the 1989 and up but not ours.

I love this bedliner so damn much, I am trying to get as many people as I can to call Bedrug and ask them to make one for our trucks. I promise you, you will love the bedrug, its the best bedliner by far anywhere and its versatility is unmatched. You can use it with a spray on or a plastic liner or by itself.

The website will show you how good it is , and take it from someone who has had it on his other trucks, I am sold, hook line and sinker!

No I don't work for them otherwise I would have already made one for myself.

please help with this.. The language business speaks best is $$ and if i can convince them that there is a market for this model, maybe, they will build us one.

Thanks for listening.

pete
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
why exactly would you want a carpeted bed liner...?
it would just get wet and mildewey if you didnt have a canopy...
Old 08-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I think it's more like that indoor/outdoor carpet stuff... not actually carpet, but made out of plastic... like astroturf
Old 08-22-2009, 11:03 PM

Ewww..
That stuff is scratchy :/
If he wanted it so bad he could just make some play-wood replicas of the inside of his bed, then staple that carpet onto it and bolt it into his bed.... would probably be half the cost...
oh and, i just watched the video for it..
It's a plastic truckliner with carpet in it, LOL.

Last edited by peow130; 08-22-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:00 AM

Gee, I would have thought that the average IQ on this site was HIGHER.. not lower than the average person.. Guess I was wrong.. whatever..
Old 08-23-2009, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i had a camper shell id get it.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:26 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Line-X makes one.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by NoLookingBack
Gee, I would have thought that the average IQ on this site was HIGHER.. not lower than the average person.. Guess I was wrong.. whatever..
and just what is that suppose to mean?
Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 AM

it means that I got stupid answers for a serious question and the blackwood failed because what they had was real carpeting that in fact would mlldew and rot. ( nevermind that at the time, it was hella expensive and the really nice luxury truck market hadn't really developed yet)

IF anyone actually LISTENED AND WATCHED the Bedrug website demo, you would see that its the best thing to protect your bed. But making off handed flippant comments like the ones above does not help the situation at all

And whats this about LINE-X making one?

Last edited by NoLookingBack; 08-23-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

well just FYI, I was just commenting on peow130's post after infact not visiting the web site, but geez I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers

comon man we're all hear to help each other out, not see who's got a bigger... nevermind...

happy posting...
Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 AM

WHy not just Rhino Line it???
Old 08-23-2009, 02:02 PM

Look man, the way i see it, we all 4x4 these old trucks at some point in another, and having carpet in the back seems more like a luxury thing.. It really doesnt make any sense to drop money to carpet the bed of a truck thats over 20 years old, when you 4x4 it and kind of abuse it. These trucks are hardly luxurious at all...
I would much rather prefer a rhinoline or at the very least a herculined bed of my truck..
This bedrug stuff would be great in a show truck though... Very impractical in a worktruck...
Like Buhundred said, these trucks aren't a lincoln Blackwood, and they don't need to pose as one to be a great truck. (Not saying the lincoln blackwood is a good truck).
Old 08-23-2009, 04:41 PM

Just goes to show, you have NO idea what the heck you are talking about. Please READ AND FIND OUT ABOUT SOMETHING BEFORE YOU MAKE A NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT IT.

The bedrug is NOT a fancy carpet, it can handle ANY abuse you throw at it and it will NOTmess your bed like those rhino lining will. It will protect against dents, allow you to cushion anything you put in there including your knees and it will never rot, or rust out your bed. It does not break down and it can be steamed out, pressure washed out etc.

Rhino lining is a joke. Yeah, it protects against rust but you have to destroy your paint on the bed to make it work. It also does nothing to protect against dents. No to mention, I would NEVER ever buy a truck that has been rhino lined since I have NO idea what is underneath it.. could be rusted out for all I know.. Plus it fades and wears out.. You will never have that problem with the Bedrug.. You can remove it whenever you want and its fits perfectly with no drilling needed.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 08-23-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language Removed
Old 08-23-2009, 05:23 PM

I know what i'm talking about, it's a plastic polymer carpet. Essentially it's plastic outdoor carpet on foam, which generally holds carpet and 99.9% of the time is easily torn.

What you're telling me is that it's a plastic bedliner, with foam/carpet glued onto it. While this may seem durable, what happens when a sharp edge gouges the carpet/foam? The carpet gets cut, so does the foam. Then the foam peels up when you pressure wash it, or heat expands the stuff, or you haul more on top of the cut and it causes the cut to spread.

Are you joking, or are you serious about the rhinoliner? I've used rhinoliner on two chevy pickups that we've owned. One was a flatbed that saw serious abuse from hauling logs, metals, etc etc. It does it's job well. Chances are, if you haul stuff in your bed, the paints already destroyed anyways, so spending a couple hundred dollars to increase the longevity of a truck bed under heavy load seems like less of a joke to me.

Nobody here in this forum can claim for a truckbed with no scratches at all, it just doesnt happen. I've never seen this stuff in my life, and while it may seem like a good idea, it really isnt one.
Plastic bedliners trap water, these trucks already suffer from bed rot, why would we need any more?

And, from my experience with plastic bedliners, they scratch the bed also. And, if you put one down it's also to cover up scratches.. So why not go with the more durable and rust prevantive method of bed protection?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Please keep the discussion civil and no more personal insults or someone will take a trip on the band wagon.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM

Rhino liners do have their place and are great.. especially if you live back east or in the rust belt. We in Northern CA do not have that problem.

My bed is pristine and virtually new. The ONLY liner that will KEEP it that way is a bedrug. Given the fact that it had a plastic under the rail bedliner in it for the 1st 23 years of its life, its amazing it didn't destroy it. Perhaps the canopy had something to do with that..

I didn't want to start any wars nor did I want or intend to circumvent any rules here on Yotatech, but my request got dismissed out of hand by people who did no research into it whatsoever and that peeves me. If someone does not agree with my post or can't contribute something constructive and useful, then please, do not...

Thanks and seeing where this has gone, I am through with this thread. Its quite obvious that no one here sees my point of view so Im not going to kick myself trying to change your mind.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:27 AM

why dont you just hermetically seal your bed.... if you want it to stay perfect thats about it. trucks are made to take abuse. a layer of carpet isnt going to to much but protect from scratches. i dont know how you can say this adhesived on crap is virtually the best thing out there for your truck.

if you ask me it looks like some cheap crap.

just my $0.02, but then again i buy vehicles to drive them and have fun with them. not baby them like they are some china doll. you might as well just take the bed off and store it away so it never gets any damage.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 AM

everyone get the free sample and we'll all chip in to make a custom one!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM

If the brunette on their home-page comes with it, I say go for the Bedrug...
Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey NOLOOKINGBACK just to let you know...rhinolining won't adhere to rust....so if somebody has rhino lined their bed..then it can't be rusted...

and what about the bedrug protecting against the elements...like water, ice, snow, mud, all of that....i doubt that the bedrug can withstand YEARS of hauling stuff and still protect...in the end it is still plastic and foam..which will wear out and eventually start leaking...rhinolining (i prefer Line-X....it holds stuff better) won't ever leak...ever..period..that's it...and you can't really cut it..it's strong enough to resist sheetmetal from cutting it...i threw a piece of sheetmetal at our old dodge diesel's rhinolined bed (trying to cut it..we wanted to know how strong it was) and it never did...i even took a machete to it...never broke through the lining

i doubt bedrug can say the same thing....give me a sample for a couple days..i'll prove em wrong

Quick Reply: Atten all 2 gen truck owners, Want a Bedrug? please help in getting one made..