Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone know anything about this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.restoreusa.com/
Seems useful for an older truck like mine but didnt want to put anything in my engine without posting up for opinions first. Thanks for info guys
Old 07-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you need additives like that it is probably time for a rebuild. do it right the first time!! dont band aid it.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The only thing that goes in my engine is oil. Well, maybe fuel, OK, coolant too.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok ive tried that and boo good thing i only paid 5 bucks for it but there this other stuff now its big round and about 7 bucks has a funny name and goes in 4 6 or 8 cyl engines but man oh man ill tell you what... best thing ive wasteed money on i dubbled my fuel insead of 220 miles to the tank i got like 450 or something anda stoped smoking yay and of course the power nice nice but i also did the snorkle mod the same day so it could just be cold air going into it not sure but yeah when i get the namey ill let you know advaince has it btw
Old 07-25-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
IS RESTORE GOOD FOR MY ENGINE?
Yes, RESTORE is an EP (extreme pressure) lubricant that greatly enhances the lubrication of your vehicle's engine. This means better engine protection during start-up and heavy loading when motor oil breaks down and allows excessive wear of engine parts.
from http://www.restoreusa.com/faq.html

I seen these results from EP oil additive tests on http://bobistheoilguy.com/videos.html

So your guess is as good as mine how it stacks up next to those. I'm getting ready to change my oil soon and I decided to give a trial run to a bottle of the STP. MAN that is some THICK stuff let me tell ya. I run 10w-40 cause it's thick, I'll bet it's a bit better than that now. Anyway, I think I like it! Can't describe it other than it just feels like a 1-2hp gain. Like I'm getting better compression (sound familiar?) is all I can figure. Plus, $2 a bottle's easy on the pocket book. I'd say well worth it, even if it ain't the best stuff around.

So RESTORE may be worth a try if it'll do like the STP (or that Schaeffer's EP there). I've heard both sides on the issue already, I believe 1 post on each, for and against it. So, INCONCLUSIVE is my answer.

-Edit-
That's 4 posts now, 2 for, 2 against = INCONCLUSIVE, with no reports of harm or damages, except "bad gas mileage" from one poster.

Last edited by MudHippy; 07-25-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
used it in my jeep and now in my suburban. With the jeep is stopped some of the chatter and i actually think it helped with other issues... bad seals ect.