86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone ever use a camo wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever use a camo wrap?

I saw an advertisement the other day on the outdoor channel for a camo wrap. I was thinking of this as an alternative to having the truck painted. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company or something like it. Here is the website: http://camowraps.com/
Thanks.

Cam
Old 09-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Like being ran into?

I don't wanna give anyone anymore excuses to run into me. When I was on Fort Gordon, I nearly pulled right out in front of a Hummvee painted in woodland camo. My glance was just fast enough that I noticed a broken pattern moving and my buddy sitting shotgun warned me before I ran out in front of the truck. It's not safe to go camo on the road in my opinion. Go duck hunt and lose your truck in the same day if you wanna. Or, it may show support for 'The Nuge'. To each his own. The stuff would probably rip off I would guess.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BigWavePaul
I don't wanna give anyone anymore excuses to run into me. When I was on Fort Gordon, I nearly pulled right out in front of a Hummvee painted in woodland camo. My glance was just fast enough that I noticed a broken pattern moving and my buddy sitting shotgun warned me before I ran out in front of the truck. It's not safe to go camo on the road in my opinion. Go duck hunt and lose your truck in the same day if you wanna. Or, it may show support for 'The Nuge'. To each his own. The stuff would probably rip off I would guess.
Well, I was thinking of doing an urban camo. It is not on their site, but I asked them about it; I'm still waitin on a response. I was originally looking at the Mossy Oak Break-Up, when I stated looking at the gun I want in urban camo. It wouldn't be as hard to see in a black and white, if I went with the urban camo. I understand where you are coming from on the harder visibility though. Didn't really think about that. Thanks for the reply.

Cam
Old 09-04-2007, 09:14 AM

i do camo wraps. they are very durable and can be patched much easier than paint. the only setback is the price. camo is spendy.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:24 AM

These kit are aimed toward hunters. Nobody hunts in urban areas, so don't be surprised if they don't sell urban camo.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My neighbor did it and it took him 12 hours. Came out pretty nice and sticks out like a sore thumb on the street. Seems like it is a good deal if you dont want to paint.

I prefer a green 4Runner with a healthy coat of mud myself. Funny to pull next to soccer moms with 4Runner and tell them--this is what they are really meant to do.

anyways--just go with mud and leave it on--and it is environmentally friendly and you can change the color of the mud and it can be quickly washed off incase you have plans to rob a bank

Last edited by hross14; 09-04-2007 at 10:02 AM.