Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

!987 Toyota Dolphin issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!987 Toyota Dolphin issues

Hey everyone first time poster here, I have a few questions about a Toyota motorhome (22re) EFI I recently bought.

Engine: I noticed at random it wont start or will start really hard, sometimes when driving down the street it will stop and the check light will come on (going into "limp mode"?) for a few seconds only and I can step on it and get it going again and the light turns off. I think it is the fuel pump or the relay, I am moving into this rig in a few weeks so I need to figure out something so we don't get stranded.

Trans: I went on a 700 mile round trip this past weekend and about 50 miles away from home (on the way back) it started slipping out of gear wildly, thankfully I was 500 yards from an exit and pulled into a truck stop to find all my tranny fluid sprayed all over the chassis, I checked the fluid before we left and it was fine but we did some inclines thought the mountains on the way back, long story long, I filled it with 4 quarts and a small bottle of stop leak and drove the 50 miles home without issue, shifted fine the whole way just ran a little hotter for some reason. I am hoping it is just a seal and I could drop driveshaft out of the back of the tranny and just replace the gasket...there is NOT a significant amount of fluid on my driveway as of this morning so it is holding up a little and the pics are from this morning it has been sitting all night

This is the rear part and seems to have a rubber gasket on it is this what is missing from the front? Do I disassemble this to put a new seal in the front?

This is where the major leak seems to be coming from, the fact that fluid is literally everywhere tells me it came from the spinning driveshaft

...thoughts? Thanks for any feedback