Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

93 Toyota Pickup 3.0L v6 Engine rebuld Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 Toyota Pickup 3.0L v6 Engine rebuld Help

Hello All
I hope I can get some help and or advice.
My Son traded a 07 Honda crf250x for a 93 Toyota 4x4 pickup
that was on it's last leg if you drove it 20 miles it would leak, basically poor
out two quarts of oil. Not to mention all the body damage and rust!
Any way we pulled the head and found more worms so in for a penny in for a pound! We took the block and heads to the machine shop and have had to bore the block .30 over the moron that had the truck ran straight water
in the cooling system and did not help the aluminum heads none!
I got a rebuild kit with new pistons made by NPR and the man at the machine shop said I needed to get de-stroked piston since this is the second time the heads have been milled and he had to resurface the block!
I have called every were and have googled the net for these pistons but every one says these pistons will work! the head gaskets are about .40 thick and I am hoping this will compensate for the milling of the heads and block?? any input on this??
Next is one of the camshafts at one of the what i'll say is one of the rings on the cam have chunks broken off just about even on 170deg! the man at the machine shop says the cams will still work as they do not turn as fast as the crank?? But again I cant even find camshafts at a wreaking yard and napa want almost $460 for the two of them
Again the machine shop is waiting to do the heads as he needs the cams to do the clearance on the valves but I do not want to use a cam that has chunks broken off of it!! any one know were on can find camshafts for a 3.0L V6 3VZE??

but still my main concern is the milling of the block and heads and the new NPR pistons I am worried that the valves will hit the top of the pistons because of the milling has anyone been down this road???

next question the fuel injector plastic wire connectors lock tabs are broke on one side of the engine can these be replaced??
this guy that had this truck was not very kind to this truck and yes my son is kind of dumb for trading his race bike for this truck I wish I could say what I really feel about this but I am into fixing it and wish to do it somewhat right

Thank for any and all Help and Advice

Bill
Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the thicker head gasket should make up for the machine work done on the deck and heads. when the engine is assembled, just turn the crank and as long as there is no obstructions, then the valves should clear the pistons.

yes the cams spin at half speed of the crankshaft.

yes the fuel injector clips can be replaced. there should be a part number on the plug itself. all toyota connectors have the same 5 digit prefix number, the 5 numbers on the connector are the ones for that specific plug.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:51 PM

I havent replaced my broken injector electrical plugs just ran zip ties to make sure they stay connected. Smaay is correct in this issue. I have an extra 3.slow 4runner that the engine is at the machine shop. It spun the number 6 rod bearing. So pics would definitely help visualize your pain and frustration. Need anymore help, pm me or just simply post.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 AM

need some more help please we got a engine rebuild kit with standard bearing on the crankshaft. when we started to assemble the engine I noticed a lot of slop in the rod bearing the shop we took it to for the machine work chucked all the rod bearing
but I found 1/2 of a main bearing it is stamped ic? fl 0.5 m4012/2lam
the 0.5 I take it to be 0.20 over in size??
I got my digital calipers out and got this on the main size in diameter the mains are all about 2.497inches or 63.43mm .20 over??
the rod diameter I get is 2.144inches or 54.54mm now I cant find any specs for the std size here on this 93 Toyota 3.0L v6 3vze so I am guessing the rods are .20 over to??
can anyone help please