Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

93 22re won't start after pumping gas

Old 10-19-2016, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 22re won't start after pumping gas

I started my 93 pickup with 22re at mh house, drove 3-4 miles and added 5 gallons of gas. Got back in and truck sort of fired up but quickly killed. Now all it does is crank over. I have sprayed fuel into the throttle body and checked the spark. Nothing. It doesn't even sound like it is even close to firing up.

Now, 2 days ago my alternator/water pump belt broke. I was 20 miles from home so I ran the truck till it got a little past the middle then stopped to let it cool down. I did that for 2 hours till I got home. I let a local shop replace the belt because I didn't have the time. I filled up the radiator before they worked on it because when the belt first popped the truck got ao hot it purged coolant out of the overfill tank. Today I ran it and added coolant. It ran fine. I let it sit then went to work. Stopped to get gas and you know the rest now.

I am not sure what to check.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update:
Truck will not start when cold. AFM is turning on fuel pump. Fuel pressure is there. Spark plugs are dirty but nothing out of the ordinary.

Search this Thread