Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

93 22RE oil pressure switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
93 22RE oil pressure switch

Kay guys I'm asking for help. Google is usually my hero but it seems to be letting me down.

My oil pressure gauge is not working on my pickup. It use to work with no problems. Acouple months back I pulled my engine to swap in my rebuilt one. Upon removing the engine I broke my sender switch so I just left it alone. Now 2 months later I broke down and bought a new pressure sender. $55.00 lol... I screwed it in and plugged it up. We'll still no pressure. So I left it alone due to me having to go to AR for work. As some no I hydro locked my truck down in AR so once again I had to pull my engine. Now upon installing a new engine I broke the plugin off the sender again. So yesterday I had my buddy warranty it out for me. This morning I screwed the new one in and yet again I have no oil pressure. I really don't no we're to start. I've checked the pig tail and it seems fine. I do not own a OHMs meter and really don't no what to look for. Has anyone ever had this issue. Is there a trick to these things. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:39 AM

Oh not to mention... If I ground the single wire to the sender then the gauge will move. But it only moves when I ground it out.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 820 Likes on 648 Posts
How much did that (those) new engine(s) cost you? http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-98025.html You'll never be able to diagnose a problem on a post-70's vehicle without a multimeter. http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-b.../6combinat.pdf

Your title refers to an oil pressure "Switch," which is what goes with the idiot light. I am told that if you use an oil pressure switch, instead of a sender, with a gauge, it will destroy the gauge. Also, grounding the sender wire (as you said you did) should destroy the gauge.

Good luck!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by scope103
How much did that (those) new engine(s) cost you? http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-98025.html You'll never be able to diagnose a problem on a post-70's vehicle without a multimeter. http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-b.../6combinat.pdf Your title refers to an oil pressure "Switch," which is what goes with the idiot light. I am told that if you use an oil pressure switch, instead of a sender, with a gauge, it will destroy the gauge. Also, grounding the sender wire (as you said you did) should destroy the gauge. Good luck!
Sender/switch what ever it's called... Mine takes the one for the gauge.. I do not have a dummy light.

Now I did go borrow a ohms from my neighbor. This is my readings...

By the way I have only one single wire to my sender. It's yellow and Blue.

If I ground that wire to the side of my sender then my gauge will top out. So that means my wiring is fine.

If I place a voltmeter to wire and sender plug I'm getting 12v

So I have good continuity but no gauge.