86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

90 SR5 4Runner parts into 93 Std. Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
90 SR5 4Runner parts into 93 Std. Cab

I'm heading out this afternoon to snag a supposedly cherry set of bucket seats from a 90 4runner and was wondering what suggestions you all may have for some other bits I may want to grab.

The 4runner is a 3.0 Auto while mine is a 2.4 5 speed. My truck is new to me and at this point I'm just trying to make it more comfortable, etc. so I'm not really looking for any major mechanical parts, but who knows?

I don't think I want a center console but I might take it just in case. I'm thinking the visors so the missus can have a mirror, dome light/ rear view mirror assembly and that's all I've come up with right now.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by grotto; 02-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a lighted glove box out of a 4Runner. It also came with a lock for the glove box door. I had a locksmith match it to my ignition key.
Next item I am looking for a tilt steering column.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look for grab handles. Possibly the dash speakers, and the cubby under the radio. The "knobs" for the climate control. Just rattling things off
Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can do a power window swap if you knew what u were doing. We did it on my buddies 94 all of it was out of a runner.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. The seller wasn't willing to break up the dash yet so nothing there. Same with the doors. I can see why as the 4runner was absolutely pristine, just as advertised. Such a tragic story. The original owners gifted the truck to their 30 year old son. who six days later, drove it into a ditch while driving it in the snow for the first time. It had been meticulously maintained and it showed. There were 244K miles on the odometer and it honestly looked like 24K.

I ended up with a like new looking pair of seats, complete with seat belt receivers and floor caps. They had been covered with sheepskin since new. I asked the seller what he wanted and he thought for a second and said $100 apiece and then continued to ramble on in an effort to justify his high price. It was tough to keep my poker face when I said I'd take them.

Unfortunately the glove box was unlit, but I did get the rear view mirror and vanity visor. Then I took a good look at the tires and wheels and couldn't pass up one of the nicest looking sets of 15" factory alloys I have ever seen. The tires are all 31 x 10.5 Michelins with loads of tread. Plus, all the wheel caps look fantastic.

While pulling the tires and wheels I kept noticing the beautiful spare wheel cover on the rear tire carrier, wondering what was underneath it. We unzipped the cover and pulled it off to discover another 15" alloy that looked like it had never been used along with another brand new, although non-matching, 31 x 10.5 tire. I couldn't pass these up either so added the tire, wheel and cover to my stash. Total cost for all 5 wheels, caps, lug nuts, tires and cover was $400.00. Not as great a deal as the seats, as the seller was starting to wise up, but a pretty good buy nonetheless.

I drove off feeling quite pleased. Will post up some pics tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Here's the seats:

And the money shot:

Sorry for the poor quality.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
In addition to what already has been mentioned, you can grab the arm rests on the door panels if they match your truck...I have manual windows/doors so I was lucky enough to find a manual 4runner at the yard. I have a little pocket instead of that area taken up by switches. The arm rests are actual foam pads rather than molded plastic and a lot bigger.

Don't forget to check the center console....The ones with two storage areas on top of each other are better than the ones that waste the space with the rear blower motor stuffed inside. They're harder to find though, specially with the leather manual/4WD drive boot piece. It will go nice with your new buckets. You can always grab the boot piece some other time or off of ebay, but grab the console if it's the double storage type.

Last edited by Grego92; 02-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM

I've never seen that style door card before. I like the location of the large storage area being back where you don't boot it every time you get in and out of the truck. I'm definitely on the lookout now for those. Thanks for the tip!