YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

4runner anti roll bar??

Ive done the landcruiser coil lift in the rear of my 1991 4runner, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how they remounted the anti roll bar, or what youve done with it?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
joevanvliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Most people will tell you to ditch the rear sway bar.

In my opinion, if the front is in good shape, you should be fine without the rear bar.

abecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

I dont plan it removing it. Could anyone who has put landcruiser coils in their 4runner help me out?
joevanvliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Contributing Member

I've done the Cruiser coil swap on my 95.
I just left the factory bar and ends connected. It loses some wheel travel leaving em connected but it hasn't bothered me yet.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

I firmly disagree with removing the rear sway bar on ANY coil sprung 4runner for ANY reason. The reasoning behind that is if you're off camber on a hill, your vehicle will want to shift its weight laterally (side to side), and even with the panhard rod installed correctly, the body does shift slightly downhill on the axle. This moves your center of gravity further over the side of the wheels leading to a raised likelyhood of a roll over. Personally, I'm converting to rear leaf springs with a 3-link setup so I can use a gas tank where the spare is and have the very design of the leaf springs provide additional lateral location. Most people with a pickup or a pre-1990 runner is likely to tell you to ditch the rear sway bar, and I don't disagree with them at all. Not for us coil-havers.

You may need longer sway bar links to reach correctly. You should first try to loosen the bolts keeping the bushing retainers tight on the vehicle and try to see if the links will reach on their own. If not, you should be able to get a handful of hardware and make it work for yourself. Whatever you do, don't run offroad (hell - anywhere) with it off. Consider a panhard rod drop bracket if need be, there is one available from 4crawler:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...anhardDropBrkt
2" ball joint spacers, 2" OME HD lift springs, rancho shocks, magnaflow exhaust, 31x10.5r15 BFG MT KM2's, S&B cold air intake, panhard rod drop bracket, Marlin Crawler 2100lb super heavy duty clutch kit w/ grade 8.8 pressure plate bolts, Wab-re-fabbed manual hubs, procomp light bar, PIAA driving lights

My build thread

Top Gear Killing a Yota part 1
Top Gear Killing a Yota part 2
Top Gear Killing a Yota part 3
NYChopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1991, 2003, 4runner, anti, antiroll, bar, bars, camber, hill, leaf, rear, roll, rollover, shocks, springs, suspension, sway