YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

@imnotbill
3VZ-E Poor Idle but no Indicator

I have a 94 4Runner 3.0. Second owner with all records. Recently did an Intake Silencer Removal Mod which went great, but once finished my car no longer idles well. I would occasionally have a bad idle from time to time but once I did the mod it has become consistent. Only idles poorly once the engine gets up to running temp. Seems to be running rich which I am assuming by the now terrible gas mileage I am getting compared to normal, but No Check Engine light to indicate what might be happening. Any Ideas?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member

You need to read the EPIC 3vze thread linked in my signature line.

Multipe FSMs!!!
EPIC 3VZE info thread
Cheap OEM Parts: www.toyotaofnewnan.com

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

After reading TNRabbit's sig link (highly recommend), I just posted with someone who had the same issue. It's common on the 3VZ-E engines, mine did it too but before I did the same "mod".

Here's the post: http://www.yotatech.com/f116/89-pick.../#post52024129

I'm confident it's the same issue but every truck is different so no guarantees. I've had some very unique issues with mine that weren't as easy as it seemed. Just don't buy any sensors until you tested them to make sure they are bad per the instructions in the FSM (using a multi-meter).

Mods to date:
  • Cat-back system: 2 1/4" piping and Magnaflow Muffler - 20% increase in MPG & noticeable gain in HP
  • 7MGE VAFM swap and 3" Spectre intake - Increased throttle response and power
  • Flamethrower injectors and Flamethrower 45k volt coil, better low end torque.
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Kicker KS69 6x9" speakers in rear, Kicker 4" DS40 in the dash, Kenwood KDC-255U receiver, USB/Aux
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

@imnotbill
I appreciate the links. I started going through everything to really diagnose the situation but the idle problem was getting progressively worse. Got so bad to the point that I ended up needing to take it in and have someone that actually gets paid to fix cars take care of it for me. (I'm still quite a newbie at all this.)

Turns out, the problem was low pressure in the fuel line due to dirty injectors. A BG Fuel Injector Cleaner took car of the problem which was a relief from all the other work I thought I might have to do.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement