Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

2wd with light bar/roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2wd with light bar/roll bar

Think it will look alright? Found a light bar (looks like a roll bar but won't really do any good in a roll over) for $25 and I really have wanted one for a long time. I really like the looks of 2wds with roll bars on them. My plan is to have bigger tires on the rear of my truck (like swampers) and use it for some off-roading and hopefully get stuck It will be black with hopefully 4 KC lights on top. Maybe just two. What do you think?

here's my truck...

Old 09-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by 91Toyota
Think it will look alright? Found a light bar (looks like a roll bar but won't really do any good in a roll over) for $25 and I really have wanted one for a long time. I really like the looks of 2wds with roll bars on them. My plan is to have bigger tires on the rear of my truck (like swampers) and use it for some off-roading and hopefully get stuck It will be black with hopefully 4 KC lights on top. Maybe just two. What do you think?

here's my truck...

why not go for it. was wanting a light bar for my rig
Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 PM

Yeah...thats true. Since the engine is out and I have nothing else to do and I've always wanted one I might as well! lol
Old 09-27-2008, 01:06 PM

the beauty of owning a truck(or any thing with wheels for that matter) is it that you can do anything you want to with it. And as long as it looks good to you no one else matters lol. My truck might look ugly to you but you know what..I dont care cause it looks good to me and it functions the way i need it to.

I am a Toyota fan but I can look at anything made by anyone and for the most part objectivly form an opinion. I know modifying your vehicial is an art form, its your interpretation of your vehicial. If you have always wanted that roll bar and you think its gonna look good..then by all means put it on. You might get it on and say to yourself "awesome" or you might take it out faster than you put it in.

Point is we can give you our opinions but ultimatly its your truck, your money, and its what you want.

I dont like Chevy for the most part, but when i see a built 4x4 Chevy goin down the road, I might not like the chevy but I respect it for what it is and the the owner has done to it. Its his labor of love and I dont have to drive it...lol

Last edited by Duelertoyota4x4; 09-27-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Go for it! Just be sure and show us the pictures when it's done.

I noticed that you mentioned doing some off road stuff with it. Have you thought about putting an inexpensive locker in the rear? You'd be amazed how far you can go when both back tires are working.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Duelertoyota4x4
the beauty of owning a truck(or any thing with wheels for that matter) is it that you can do anything you want to with it. And as long as it looks good to you no one else matters lol. My truck might look ugly to you but you know what..I dont care cause it looks good to me and it functions the way i need it to.

I am a Toyota fan but I can look at anything made by anyone and for the most part objectivly form an opinion. I know modifying your vehicial is an art form, its your interpretation of your vehicial. If you have always wanted that roll bar and you think its gonna look good..then by all means put it on. You might get it on and say to yourself "awesome" or you might take it out faster than you put it in.

Point is we can give you our opinions but ultimatly its your truck, your money, and its what you want.

I dont like Chevy for the most part, but when i see a built 4x4 Chevy goin down the road, I might not like the chevy but I respect it for what it is and the the owned has done to it. Its his labor of love and I dont have to drive it...lol
Thanks! I know what you mean. I know its my truck...and I WILL do what I want with it. A part of owning vehicles for me is upgrading it to how I like it. Honestly my last truck I had functioned VERY well but people didn't like the canopy I had. It really didn't matter to me. I just wanted to see your guys opinions. I was going to do it either way...lol

Go for it! Just be sure and show us the pictures when it's done.

I noticed that you mentioned doing some off road stuff with it. Have you thought about putting an inexpensive locker in the rear? You'd be amazed how far you can go when both back tires are working.
Oh I definitely will. I love taking pictures.

Yes, my plan was to go with a LSD or the new design by (helical gear design...I totally forgot the name) detroit...I think. I've always wanted a locker or some type of limited slip...and that is exactly what I'm going to do. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:22 PM

here we go...http://www.drivetrainwarehouse.com/PDT263690.aspx

Its a Detroit TrueTrac. I'm not sure what size my axle is though. I don't even know if they make one for it...lol.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Duelertoyota4x4
the beauty of owning a truck(or any thing with wheels for that matter) is it that you can do anything you want to with it. And as long as it looks good to you no one else matters lol.

I am a Toyota fan but I can look at anything made by anyone and for the most part objectivly form an opinion. I know modifying your vehicial is an art form, its your interpretation of your vehicial.

I dont like Chevy for the most part, but when i see a built 4x4 Chevy goin down the road, I might not like the chevy but I respect it for what it is and the the owned has done to it. Its his labor of love and I dont have to drive it...lol
Wow, you make a bunch of great points.
As far as a light/roll bar, i think itll look good.
I hate on here when people post up what they have done and people hate on them, get them discouraged, but at least were not as bad as pirate.

As for seeing the built chevy's, dodge's and ford's and whatnot, thats something ive never been able to actually put in word and you said it perfectly. I respect it for the labor of love...And its capabilities, but im no ford fan.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM

I wheeled the hell out of my entirely stock two wheel drive Nissan in high school. From everything I've read I would drop an aussie in the rear, grab some all terrain tires and go for it. You have to choose more conservative lines, and you will get stuck, but you'll be a better driver in the end.

A winch and or a good recovery strap are going to be your friend
Old 09-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Do it, its cheap

I always new I would put one in my truck ever since I was a youngin. Mine was only 30 bucks too
Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do it. I like the McFly look.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by annoyingrob
Do it. I like the McFly look.
lol...that is the best truck EVER!