Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

2nd gen clutch hydraulic line photos

Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
2nd gen clutch hydraulic line photos

Howdy howdy.

About 5 yrs ago I started a rebuild project of a 95 4runner. Bought a donor with a (turned out to be bad engine), but decided to put its 5 spd into mine.

Then life happened.
So here I am now, and I have what I was pretty dang sure was the clutch line, but it has an open end hose on one end. wth?? I don't recall that. So, I was sure I took pics (because we did have cameras in those days), but can not find them.

And have now spent a few days trying to find images of where and how the clutch line runs. Bad part is I keep chasing rabbits ("oooo. Never read this build thread!") And I can't find jack with search anyway. My ex would say I couldn't find my butt with both hands, a map, and a flashlight!

So my plea: If any one has any pics (with engine (mine is a 3.0) or without) of clutch tube, can you post them, or pm me? I can get email of them too. Intentional, or accidental if they show the line, hose, flex connector, etc., that'd be awesome. Have a printed FSM, but it doesn't show it, even with a generic shape.

Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
id love to help u out, and i literally just started walking to my car when i realised mine is rhd and urs is lhd...so the lines will be completely different.

sorry mate
Old 05-25-2016, 11:12 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Make a new one and be done.

Trying to get a old one in without having the engine out and most of the stuff bolted to the firewall removed is real frustrating I learned this the hard way .

steel line to the bracket flex line to another bracket steel line to the clutch slave cylinder is the stock setup

make your own custom set up that works for you
Old 05-29-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Yeah, that sounds best. I can't find the original tube that actually ran down to the slave. Guess that'll have to wait till I'm further along. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-30-2016, 06:15 AM

I just did an auto to manual swap on an 87 4Runner. I bought an aftermarket stainless braided line.

The original line is more complicated and has more connections (points to fail).

I just ran it up over the clutch master cylinder across the top of the firewall and used some hardware store hose clamps on existing bolts to keep it in place. The. I just dropped it down the side to the slave cylinder.

I think I only used 2 clamps and a couple of cable ties.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:21 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
How much did that Stainless line cost you being that long??
Old 06-02-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by wyoming9
How much did that Stainless line cost you being that long??
I want to say it was like $70.

Search this Thread