84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Original parts help!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original parts help!

Hi , my first post , im about to pick up an 84 lifted pickup and i want to install really nice interior pieces mostly door panels but every time i use the search bar i get the exact same result for each search , SO , is there a retailer that sells interior parts online that maybe i missed ? I havent had much luck . I want to do a half restoration except for my lift , weels ect ect .
Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

If there is I never heard of any.

You might be able to get them redone local to you but I doubt it would be cheap.

If by some chance you found some new old stock they would be priceless

Used ones might be worse then what you have.

Good luck in your search
Old 08-14-2015, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
toyotafiberglass.com sells some and is a member on here. For most other pieces you are going to have to find them from the bone yard or. For plastic and vinyl you can use interior paint on them. I have used interior paint on several trucks and when done right, they look knew and last great.

You can get new carpet kits. The dash pad is the hard part to find, but they now have an over lay that goes over the dash and from what I have seen it looks great as well. I have yet to try it. I think the vendor is on here as well. Carid I think it is that sells them. Other then the seats which any upholstry shop can take care of for you, it is really easy to get a great looking interior.

Cleaning and prepping it the key to getting great results. Stacey David used it on Ted Nugents Bronco. The only issue I really have is where the Threshold gets stepped on from my kids getting in the truck. A rock or something stuck in their shoe will scratch thru. Below is a from my builds to give you an idea of how it can turn out. It actually looks better in person. One is 4 years old and the other is 3 years old and I have not redone any of the work to them since I finished it. I used blue, gray, brown interior pieces to complete my trucks.

Here is some pics from today. Still have not gotten the seats done.
Name:  ip%203_zpshgnd63yv.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  37.1 KB

Threshold I am talking about.
Name:  ip%202_zpsc0t2hdr8.jpg
Size:  25.2 KB

Here is my 86 runner. If you are having it mixed get three or four cans at the same time. If you can buy an off the shelf brand that is easier to go with.
Name:  ip%201_zpsv2swqo9v.jpg
Size:  29.3 KB
Old 08-15-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the process of restoring my truck and have found either original parts in really good condition or remanufactured parts. There are a variety of sources with pros/cons of each that I will list below:
  1. eBay is easy to search but probably the most expensive. Sellers know what they have and charge a premium. In some cases you can find a deal so wouldnt rule it out. Also, you can easily setup a search so doesnt take much effort depending on the search.
  2. Craigslist = similar to eBay and can find deals but takes patience and luck to find in your area. You can also use searchtempest.com to do nationwide search which is a good search program but will need sellers that cooperate with out of state shipping.
  3. Facebook groups have some good items for sale but need to constantly check facebook and need to be fast for desired items.
  4. Toyota junkyards like Yoda Jims based in Colorado. They have a decent supply of parts and do all the work for you at a reasonable prices. You can visit jimsgotparts.com. I have exclusively used them for a variety of parts and would actually recommend starting here. If they dont have it, then go to the other sources. There are also other yards out there just need to do a search.
  5. Pick-U-Parts is cheap but will require a lot of time and effort to find your parts. This also depends on the availability of Toyota trucks. The yards near me hardly have 1 Toyota truck in a sea of hundreds of vehicles.
  6. Classifieds on this forum which I have found the experience to be similar to Facebook.
  7. Rockauto.com has a good selection of new parts at decent prices. I have purchased new remanufactured door trim, handles, domelight, carpet flooring, and dashboard coverlay to name a few. Some of these items can be found on eBay at a decent price as I have found Rockauto to charge expensive pricing. And there are other sites like the one the other poster mentioned. If you are looking for a specific part, post it on the forum as I am sure someone has already tried to search for it.

I did find really good interior door panels that almost look perfect but in CT so the seller would need to be okay with electronic payment and shipping. http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/5151135940.html