Need part number for Clevite 77 Main and Rod Bearings - YotaTech Forums


Go Back   >


84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Need part number for Clevite 77 Main and Rod Bearings

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 50
Need part number for Clevite 77 Main and Rod Bearings

I cant seem to find a part number for these...
Clevite 77 Main and Rod Bearings...STD size for a 85 22RE

also need a recommendation on the best piston rings and the part number

thanks
LT1UltraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered User
 
E-ROC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hemet, CA.
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1UltraZ View Post
I cant seem to find a part number for these...
Clevite 77 Main and Rod Bearings...STD size for a 85 22RE

also need a recommendation on the best piston rings and the part number

thanks
clevite part #'s for 22re (found thru google).
main bearings= TW-463S
rod bearings= CB-1218P

Piston rings. NPR reference number is SWT-10103. And as far as I know piston rings have to be ordered after you determine the exact piston width. But dont quote me. Im not a pro.

Rod and main bearing set on e-bay= http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rod-Main-Bea...-/290420995620

Best I could find on google for you.
E-ROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ROC View Post
clevite part #'s for 22re (found thru google).
main bearings= TW-463S
rod bearings= CB-1218P

Piston rings. NPR reference number is SWT-10103. And as far as I know piston rings have to be ordered after you determine the exact piston width. But dont quote me. Im not a pro.

Rod and main bearing set on e-bay= http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rod-Main-Bea...-/290420995620

Best I could find on google for you.
thanks!

TW-463S is for thrust bearings though?

Last edited by LT1UltraZ; 01-23-2013 at 01:48 AM.
LT1UltraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
Registered User
 
MudHippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,106
Took me less than 2 minutes to find the part numbers on MAHLEClevite.com.

CB-1218P is for standard size connecting rod bearings

MS-1590P is for standard size main bearings

TW-463S is for standard size thrust washers(bearings)
MudHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHippy View Post
Took me less than 2 minutes to find the part numbers on MAHLEClevite.com.

CB-1218P is for standard size connecting rod bearings

MS-1590P is for standard size main bearings

TW-463S is for standard size thrust washers(bearings)

Thanks Mudhippy

i got 1 more question for you if you dont mind, which rings would you recommend? pistons are stock, so is the block, it just going to be a quick hone with a drill bit as stock crosshatch is still on there.
I was planning on going with Total seal gapless but i would love to hear your opinion. I also noticed in one of your post you have said not to even bother checking the ring gap, i was hoping you could expend on that a little. Thanks!
LT1UltraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
Registered User
 
MudHippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,106
NPR

Checking ring gap is just unnecessary in most cases(especially stock). If the bores/cylinders have been sized correctly, then the rings that are the corresponding size will already be correctly gapped(within factory specifications) right out of the box. This is because piston rings are manufactured under extremely tight tolerances to be exactly the size they're supposed to be. And because piston ring gap specs are fairly standardized in the industry(nearly the same for all makes).
MudHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHippy View Post
NPR

Checking ring gap is just unnecessary in most cases(especially stock). If the bores/cylinders have been sized correctly, then the rings that are the corresponding size will already be correctly gapped(within factory specifications) right out of the box. This is because piston rings are manufactured under extremely tight tolerances to be exactly the size they're supposed to be. And because piston ring gap specs are fairly standardized in the industry(nearly the same for all makes).
which bearings would you recommend?

ACL / KING/ Clevite 77 ?

Thanks
LT1UltraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
87 22r rebuild issue bigjstang 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 10 06-10-2016 06:15 PM
20R Distributor Differences 1979-1980 msane99 Pre 84 Trucks 6 07-11-2015 08:08 PM
Here come the bearings.... Gamble_STi 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2 07-07-2015 07:54 PM
1999 4runner HVAC Knob source cyclist231 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 2 07-07-2015 12:56 PM
How to fix Steering linkage ptb12 84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 1 07-05-2015 01:49 PM


Tags
22re, 22rec, 77, bearing, bearings, clevite, connecting, identification, number, numbers, reference, rod, size, sizes, standard, toyota

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:04 PM.


2010 InternetBrands, Inc.