YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 84-85 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

William tavish holterman
Chase rust or swap cab

Heres the deal I must bought a 1985 4wd pickup with what looks like replaced doors, maybe both fenders and hood. The cab has a lot of rust. A few holes coming through the floor. Under the mats, and down around the rocker panels.

I'm wondering if I should chase down and patch all the spots I can find or do a cab swap with a cab in better shape. Both will require lots of work. I have a shop with the tools to do either on. Just not sure, both seem like they would coast around the same amouant given that I would have to buy replacement panel/cab.

Just wanted some feed back anything is better then nothing. Also I would like truck to be used a daily drive more then anything.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

Well if you choose to do a cab swap, terrys87 has done a few on yotas and is extremely helpful. I have also done one, its not that bad(only 17) just take your time and mark stuff. Also double and triple check you took off all wires. Terry has a list of the majority of the things you need to do in one of his build ups somewhere. Few threads bout cab swaps on here. Just search In my opinion though....rust is a battle you can't win..You fix one spot and it just moves to another.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Currently on Jack Stands
Personal Sales Rating: (3)
Staff

Which one do you feel like doing?
I would do a cab swap but with out detailed pic$ hard to really say.

Like mentioned above make sure you unhook everything and mark all connections

Mini FAQ/Ideas

PNW wheeler group: Gitout.Com
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Threadstarter [OP]

William tavish holterman
I will post pics asap. I have googled cab swap in just about every form and have been reading up on it for a good month. i personnel would like the cab swap as my cab in not in the best of shape.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
cab, chase, fix, panels, payment, repair, rocker, rust, rusted, rusty, sb, swap, swapping, time, yotatech