YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 84-85 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

air cleaner->carb gasket?

ive replaced all my vacuum lines, and i can still hear a hiss, and after spraying everything around the intake, carb, hoses, only thing that changes idle, is when i spray around the base of the air cleaner, top of the carb.

i know the gasket is original, and up, but i thought once it was tighted down it didnt matter.

autozone couldn't fine one, and ive been browsing the toyota parts catalogue, and cant seem to find it.

where do oyu guys get them at?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
This one time, at band camp
Personal Sales Rating: (21)
Staff

Send a message via AIM to DeathCougar Send a message via Yahoo to DeathCougar
The idle changes because you are spraying fluid thats going right into the car. You should be able to run the truck just fine without the air cleaner even being there. So, the gasket between the air cleaner and carb should not make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBluePile View Post
Hmmm, dunno. Ask the oem Nazi DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyobrown View Post
I'll cut you.
DeathCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

i can still hear a hissing noise... darn
Old 11-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #4

4Runnin4Life@gmail.com
If it makes that big a deal, I believe that the rebuild kits your local parts store offers has that particular gasket inside it. But thats 25 bucks...

You could get away with just making one. Its just a trapezoidal shape with rounded corners, you'll see what I mean if you pop the aircleaner off and look at the mating surface around the throttle & choke "flaps".

You could cut one out of cardboard or an old bicycle tire tube. Something like that. I have all the original gaskets in place and the damn thing still hisses. But hey, the old girl has 220-something-thousand miles on her... so I'm over it.

I just finished BUILDING my own 4Runner because I'm too cheap to buy one... go ahead and call me crazy!

PROJECT FRANKENYOTA: Stolen and parted out. I bought the body to build my own. Then it was stolen and parted out again... so I rebuilt it again.

Datsun 240z: For when the day comes that my 4Runner is "done".

Last edited by XtraSlow_XtraCab; 11-17-2008 at 12:47 AM.
XtraSlow_XtraCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1986, 22r, 86, air, carb, carburater, carburetor, carg, cleaner, gasket, hissing, making, pickup, post, threaded, toyota