YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > Pre 84 Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Tan/brown Interior paint..close to OEM

Does anyone know of a plastic/vinyl paint that closely matches the tan colored dashboard? Also, does anyone have a picture of a nice tan colored dash that I could use to color match mine? Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good luck, i just went through this same problem my self. I did a lot of searching trying to find the right color brown, the color that i found that would closest match was called autumn brown, but i could not find that color any were. The only autumn brown paint i could find was textured for out door furnature, so i ended up going with a darker brown called mocha brown, it looks good and everything turned out nice.

Solid Axle Swap, 5'' lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR`s, Trail Gear High Steer, 5 speed manual swap, InchWorm Duel Cases, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5'' Trail Gear Springs In Front, 27 Spline Chromoly Axles In Front, 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker In The Rear, High Pinion Front With An ARB, Downey Header, AFM Upgrade, 95 Amp Alternator, Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

No guys I got it..I just finished restoring at set of old door panels.. The brown is a touch darker but the beige is spot on! You'll be very happy with the results. I'll take some pic of my Rig tomorrow..

The "brown" is a color called Dark-Brown from rust-oleum (satin) base. I bought that from Home depot.

The "beige" is called Palomino (paint code 15323) from SEM which is an auto paint. I purchased this from a professional auto paint shop near my house. Luckily there on-line. The website is tcpglobal.com.

good luck tony
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

here's a link to my truck... check out the door pics..Also a pic of the spray cans..

http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad82/shlobeck/
Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looks like it turned out great. What prep did you do to the pieces before your sprayed them? Did you paint any plastic pieces with the rust-oleum. I have been thinking of re painting my dash and this is just the color I need.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah I added some new pics to photobucket.. Yes the steering wheeling, steering colomn, window handles were all painted with the rust-oleum. I used a primer and put 3-5 very light coats. The dash wasn't painted, so it gives you an idea how close the paint is to OEM....
Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing this info. I have been wanting to paint my door panels, armrests and visors, but haven't gotten around to it. I'll be ordering some of that beige paint.

Your truck looks incredible - hope mine looks that good someday!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

What kind of prep work did you have to do? Iv been wanting to try this instead of replacing everything. Your truck looks great!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
4runner, brown, close, color, dashboard, equipment, interior, light, original, paint, picture, rust, sem, spray, tan, vinyl