Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parting out 83 Toyota Pickup Trailblazer conversion

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...6#post50547836
Old 06-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Too bad you are parting it out, would have made a great project for some one. If you are closer i would go for the doors, dash and a few other things..
Old 06-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
what color is the dash pad ? .. and is it PERFECT
Old 06-10-2007, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by slacker
what color is the dash pad ? .. and is it PERFECT
Interior is black and grey with the wood trim around the ashtray and radio. Pad is in overall good shape, couple of small cracks and of course it has the griffith conversions badge.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Too bad you are parting it out, would have made a great project for some one. If you are closer i would go for the doors, dash and a few other things..
I kind of feel bad because so few were made but I can't keep it. Too many projects and not enough cash. With big items like the front end and tranny already gone, it becomes a much bigger project for someone. $500 would take the whole truck including motor, transfer, rear end but minus the small things already sold. This thing is posted everywhere so the inquiries are rolling in now. Only a matter of time before it becomes beyond being a viable project.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:24 PM

ratz .. dash wont work for me , no side defroster vents .

I sure wouldnt mind some detailed pics of the Trailblazer though .. for my history files please .. before it gets to raped ? I would appreceate it .

you could send email me @ cj@toyotafiberglass.com .. thanks

is the woodgrain, unmolested and in great shape ? if so .. I will buy .. along with the other woodgrain .

Last edited by slacker; 06-10-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 AM

Various pics are here http://www.putfile.com/pnkey/images/116055

Woodgrain doesn't have any cracks, maybe a couple blemishes and is in overall great shape. Don't have a pic up of the woodgrain on the drivers side but I can get one tonight and maybe a little better pic of the center section. Wanting $50 plus shipping for the woodgrain dash plates (driver and center), that includes heater controls, ashtray, radio, EQ, and cig lighter, the whole deal. I'd have to pull to figure shipping. I'll be pulling the column tomorrow night so I can pull that stuff as well. I'll know a little more on weight after that.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:32 AM

yeah ratz again .. sorry for being fussy , but The hole for the EQ just wont do for me . Thanks anways .
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 AM

yeah ratz again .. sorry for being fussy , but The hole for the EQ just wont do for me . Thanks anways .
I understand, I'm the same way with my 4 runner. I think that EQ slot is where the factory CB was in my buddies 79.

Did any of the pics help your archive? I could take a few more body shots but stuff is missing now.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Kind of curious how Griffin (I think they were the company that did trailblazers) did the bed metal or fiberglass...The Trekkers have got a fiberglass bed. How about the rear hatch or tail gate/lift top like a traditional pick up.
The Trailblazer rear seat look interesting too...I would be interested in seeing some more pic's too if you get the chance.
thanks, Robb
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Kind of curious how Griffin (I think they were the company that did trailblazers) did the bed metal or fiberglass...The Trekkers have got a fiberglass bed. How about the rear hatch or tail gate/lift top like a traditional pick up.
The Trailblazer rear seat look interesting too...I would be interested in seeing some more pic's too if you get the chance.
thanks, Robb
Top is fiberglass and aside from some screws, it actually looks like adhesive of some sort was used to keep it held to the bed. I haven't actually looked too hard into how to take it off. The bed looks like a normal pickup bed from the outside. It's definitely metal, lots of rust. There's a step up from front seat to back seat. Not sure if it's a built up platform on the original bed floor or not. I'm 6'2" and i couldn't see myself ever riding in the back of the thing. The rear seat sits at a wierd angle on the floor and almost looked like it was in upside down. The seat folded down and forward so that the full bed could be used for cargo. Tailgate looks like a normal tailgate. The lift top on the back was a solid sheet of plexiglass connected to 2 hinges on the top. The bottom of the plexi has a body panel that has a regular topper latch with a lock. Not very sturdy at all. I'll see about some more pics. Seats are out and some of the body parts are missing now but it'll still give an idea of how it was put together.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:03 PM

thanks .. yes .. pics were ok .. more body shots would have been nice .. but "beggers can not be choosy" I "stole" a couple of them .

Trekker is the only full fiberglass unit .. it was toyotas 3rd attempt , and I think finally got it right . wolverine , and trailblazer were steel beds with fiberglass toppers .

it's to bad it being parted ..

so .. 1 more question ? is the griffen tag numbered # ? I would really like to get my hands on that .. you think I might have it ? just to save it ..
Old 06-11-2007, 05:10 PM

thanks .. yes .. pics were ok .. more body shots would have been nice .. but "beggers can not be choosy" I "stole" a couple of them .

Trekker is the only full fiberglass unit .. it was toyotas 3rd attempt , and I think finally got it right . wolverine , and trailblazer were steel beds with fiberglass toppers .

it's to bad it being parted ..

so .. 1 more question ? is the griffen tag numbered # ? I would really like to get my hands on that .. you think I might have it ? just to save it ..
I'll see about some more pics tomorrow evening. It's still sitting on all 4 wheels and body panels are still in place so depending on the angle they'll come out ok. Grill is off, seats are out, and the plexi window is off. I thought the interior of the top was interesting and I'll try to get a good pic of the backseat. I thought it was kind of an oddity.

As for parting, well, can't say it was the easiest decision but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

It does have the badge on the dash and it is numbered. Not sure if it'll come off without harming the dash. I think there's a tag in the glove box too, but can't remember if it has the number or not.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM

if it comes off with out damage .. tha'd be cool .. I will presurve it . (heat gun would probably work)

if not .. oh well I guess ! all I can say is I tried

ohh by the way .. I will pay for the stamp .

Last edited by slacker; 06-11-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Added some more pics. Included the plaque and the funky backseat along with some other stuff that's been asked for. Looking like less and less of a truck every day.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Looks like Griffin did a little better job of the joint between the cab and the bed than Winnebago:
Griffin:

Winnebago:

Last edited by dropzone; 06-14-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added winnebago image
Old 06-14-2007, 05:06 AM

I think there's a rollbar under that trim. The back end of the cap had the same type of trim and it definitely had a rollbar. I got a kick out of the little courtesy lights visible in the center of the post. Had one in the rear as well. Looks like it was well thought out but maybe ahead of its time. Didn't see a Trekker pic if you meant to include one...
Looks like Griffin did a little better job of the joint between the cab and the bed than Winnebago:
Griffin:

Winnebago:
Old 06-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Yeah, I work nights and ran out of time on my break, I edited my post to show the cab/bed transition of the trekker...The Griffin cab/bed is much cleaner than winnebago...
Old 06-15-2007, 04:18 AM

I see what you mean. On the flipside, looks like the trekker top could at least be taken off if you wanted. The trailblazer top doesn't look like it was ever meant to be removed at all. If it can be removed without the help of a sawzall, I'm just not seeing it. Other than a few visible screws and bolts, it appears to be literally glued/epoxied to the top and over the side of the bed rails. Makes me thankful for the ease of going topless in my 4 runner.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:39 AM

Lots of stuff left. Who needs some parts? I need this stuff gone before the wife beats me. Motor, dash plate and whatnot starts going up on ebay Sunday night.