Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Anybody know how to get this off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody know how to get this off?

Trying to get to my radio and ciggeratte lighter and take a pee at my vent controls , any idea how control arms for the Ac / vents are hooked on? Nothing broken , but everything is real fragile so I can't really tug around to much. If it's the two screws on the left of the white piece inside I'm going to loose my mind
Old 09-04-2016, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screws

Originally Posted by 1980 Pinellas

Trying to get to my radio and ciggeratte lighter and take a pee at my vent controls , any idea how control arms for the Ac / vents are hooked on? Nothing broken , but everything is real fragile so I can't really tug around to much. If it's the two screws on the left of the white piece inside I'm going to loose my mind
The screws come in from the back side holding the AC controls to the panel.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:58 AM

That vent control arm assembly would not pull out very far, actually hardly at all. Not sure if that's how they are , got the top one out broke the bottom tab even after being gentle. Anyhow thanks for your reply

By the way if anyone has a 79-83 Toyota truck that the dash lights and running light aren't working, check your dimmer switch first! Sitting in the drivers seat , it should be to your left next to the vent. You can easily test it by connecting a jumper wire. And if you have no dash lights , might want to check to make sure you have tail lights before you wind up on a episode of cops

the good news is I became more familiar with my truck by tearing everything apart to learn this. I also found out why my defrost wouldn't switch and got the ducts all pushed back together and sealed also got the radio pulled out to see if it still works or can be repaired. Glad I didn't pay someone

anyhow thanks for the reply

Last edited by 1980 Pinellas; 09-04-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:48 AM

So if your tail light aren't working and you can't figuare out why , might check these relays up and behind your gas/brake pedal. Now I have to figure out what wires went where, they are so burnt or corroded where they lead into the harness I can't tell. Feel free to snap a picture of your non damaged harness to help out :0/ thanks and hope this helps someone who is chasing the dream of having working tail lights in the future

Last edited by 1980 Pinellas; 10-29-2016 at 10:50 AM.